NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For the past nine years, AOC Fine Wines, has specialized in bringing artisanal and organic wines from around the world to the homes and tables of Manhattan, Westchester and Fairfield counties. From red wine to white wine and every other style and varietal, they are dedicated to sourcing wine from the finest wine-producing countries around the world with an emphasis on biodynamic, organically grown grapes and sustainable farming practices. What makes AOC's approach unique is their firm belief that fine wine can be affordable wine, and is delicious with your favorite meal.
AOC Fine Wines come direct from local, family-run vineyards as close as New York and as far away as South Africa. "We believe local farming, whether here in New York or in the fields of Spain, is where it all begins. The balance of flavor, the sense of history and tradition, and the character of wines with handcrafted origins are unmatched," says Owner Emmanuel Dupuy d'Angeac. "Whether you're sitting at a bistro in France or your kitchen table in Greenwich, we believe your wine experience should match."
AOC Fine Wines Facts:
- Specialized purveyors of domestic and imported artisanal, handcrafted wines
- Offers red wine varietals including, but not limited to Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Malbec, Chianti and Cabernet Franc
- Offers white wine varietals including, but not limited to Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Grigio, Viognier, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc
- Emphasis on vineyards featuring grapes grown organically through sustainable farming practices
- Approachable, friendly staff to guide you through wine selection and pairing – they're happy to share their top 10 white wine choices or the best red wine under $20
- Wide range of delicious vintages from $8 per bottle to $600 per bottle
- Particular emphasis on affordable wines for daily or weekly enjoyment
- Featuring winemakers from Australia, Canada, Chile, France (Bordeaux, Burgundy, Champagne, Loire Valley and Rhone Valley), Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain and United States
- Respect for the history and traditions of small wineries, with an appreciation for the innovation and new trends in wine making
- Professional sommeliers and other industry experts featuring wines and trends in casual, comfortable bi-monthly wine classes
- Seasonal recipes and wine pairing suggestions through Facebook, bringing chef favorites and international delicacies to your kitchen
- Whether you're looking to buy Italian wine online or buy French wine online, a complete ecommerce wine shop is available at www.aocfinewines.com
- One of the best places to buy wine online with free shipping throughout Manhattan, Westchester and Fairfield counties
The concept of artisanal food and wine is a growing trend in the foodservice industry. The National Restaurant Association names artisanal liquor and locally produced wine and beer to be among the top 20 menu trends of 2011. Also among these hot trends is the sustainability of the products we consume. Further, as Americans continue to hone themselves as foodies, the desire for a great culinary experience at home continues to rise. "Beyond flavor and production, what draws us to the wines we source is how well they integrate into our lives. We drink these wines at home and we think you will, too. And since you can take home a delicious Merlot for $15, there's no waiting for special occasions or your next European vacation," says Dupuy d'Angeac.
Whether you shop their storefronts in Greenwich, New Rochelle or Manhattan or online at www.aocfinewines.com, their knowledgeable staff is easy to talk to and can help you select the perfect weekly or celebratory wine. "Whether you're new to wine or have been enjoying it for ages, we welcome the chance to share some of our favorites and a little bit of history about the wineries they come from," says Dupuy d'Angeac.
AOC offers regular wine tasting seminars and their website is an extensive source of information on small wineries, food pairings and even wine travel. "Family-made wine is best enjoyed with a family-made meal; the two enhance each other. Try it," encourages Dupuy d'Angeac.
SOURCE AOC Fine Wines