DENVER, April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) team members are volunteering their time this week to address critical needs in their communities as part of a national week of community service through the company's Aimco Cares philanthropic program. Highlights of the Aimco Cares week of service include:
- Denver, CO - Aimco Cares volunteers served breakfast to families staying at the Ronald McDonald House while loved ones underwent medical treatment. Another team sorted food donations for Metro Caring which provides nutritional meals to families in need.
- Greenville, SC - Aimco's Greenville office did painting and landscaping at the Shriner's Hospital for Children.
- New York, NY – An Aimco team served meals at the Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen.
- Indianapolis, IN – An Aimco team volunteered at Cat's Haven, a cage-free sanctuary for special needs cats.
- San Diego, CA - Team members served meals at their local Ronald McDonald House.
- Denver, CO - A team from Denver will host a barbeque luncheon and afternoon of games for the young residents of Tennyson Center, a facility that provides support and educational programming to abused and neglected children. Another Denver team will spend the morning sorting and packing donations at the Food Bank of the Rockies.
- Boulder, CO – Aimco's Boulder/Denver operations team will be building a home in partnership with Flatirons Habitat for Humanity.
- Indianapolis, IN – A team from Aimco's Indianapolis office will be beautifying Cool Creek Park in Carmel in partnership with the Hamilton County Parks and Recreation Department.
- Greenville, SC - Aimco's Greenville office will sort food and clothing donations for the North Greenville Crisis Ministry. Another Greenville team will be packing and delivering dinners for Meals on Wheels.
Aimco teams across the country also have organized week-long activities in their offices including making cards for hospitalized children in Los Angeles, San Diego and Northern California; a Hunger Stops Here food drive to benefit Jewish Family Services in Denver; clothing drives in Irvine, CA, Denver and Boulder; and preparing gift bags and making blankets in Denver for military families attending therapeutic retreats sponsored by Project Sanctuary.
"'Giving back' is fundamental to our culture and our commitment to good corporate citizenship," said Terry Considine, Aimco Chairman and CEO. "Aimco team members across the country have a passion for service and work hard to improve their neighborhoods and the lives of all who live there."
Through Aimco Cares, Aimco provides 15 paid hours to each team member annually to volunteer in local communities. This year the company will be sponsoring a second national volunteer event in the Fall with a focus on helping veterans.
Aimco is a real estate investment trust that is focused on the ownership and management of quality apartment communities located in the largest markets in the United States. Aimco is one of the largest owners and operators of apartments with 198 communities in 22 states and the District of Columbia. Aimco common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AIV and are included in the S&P 500. For more information about Aimco, please visit our website at www.aimco.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/apartment-investment-and-management-company-team-members-help-local-communities-during-national-week-of-service-april-11-15-300250544.html