WESTON, Fla., Nov. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Apotex Corp. announced today the extension of the Imatinib Instant Savings* Card Program. The Instant Savings* Card Program extension was made to ensure that Apotex is assisting as many qualified patients to have access to Imatinib.
The extension ensures Imatinib Instant Savings* Card Program benefits are available to qualified new patients as well as currently enrolled patients through December 31, 2016.
The Imatinib Instant Savings* Card Program website (www.ImatinibZeroCopay.com) is designed to provide patients and prescribers detailed information about the benefits of enrolling in the Imatinib Instant Savings* Card Program as well as Imatinib Mesylate Tablet product information. Patients can learn more about the Imatinib Instant Savings* Card Program by visiting the website or calling toll free 877-336-2187.
Apotex launched Imatinib Mesylate Tablets, the generic equivalent of Gleevec® by Novartis in 100mg and 400mg strengths earlier this year. According to IMS Health, Gleevec® had approximately $2.4 billion in sales in the 12 months ending in May 2016.
Extending Apotex's Imatinib Instant Savings* Card Program is just another example of how Apotex is everywhere. Making a difference. One life at a time.
For safety information of Imatinib Mesylate Tablets please refer to U.S. Full Prescribing Information at www.ImatinibZeroCopay.com
Apotex Inc. is the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally (according to IMS Health) with over 10,500 employees and estimated sales of approximately $2 billion. The company's US headquarters is based in Weston, Florida. With worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. The majority of Apotex sites, including manufacturing, are in North America. Apotex produces 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex has 500 products under development and will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
For more information please visit us at www.apotexcorp.com or
Steve Giuli, Vice President Government Affairs and Trade Relations
*By using the Imatinib Instant Savings* Program you acknowledge meeting the eligibility requirements and complying with our terms and conditions below:
- Offer not valid for cash-paying patients, or those with prescription drug coverage under Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE, or any other federal or state health care program or if the patients receive full reimbursement for prescriptions from private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs.
- Offer not available for residents of Massachusetts or where prohibited by law. Void if copied, transferred, purchased, altered, or traded. This is not an insurance program. This offer is restricted to residents of the United States and Puerto Rico. For any questions regarding eligibility or benefits, or if you wish to discontinue participation, please call (877) 336-2187.
- The Imatinib Instant Savings* Program is not valid for prescriptions eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs, which reimburse patients for the entire cost of their prescription drugs.
- Patients must deduct the savings received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to their insurance plan, either directly by them or on their behalf.
- *If eligible, patient receives up to $700 towards cost-sharing obligation for Imatinib per 30-day fill. In the event the patient's cost-sharing obligation for Imatinib under their health insurance is more than $700 per 30-day supply, the patient will be responsible for any cost-sharing beyond $700 for each 30-day supply.
- The Imatinib Instant Savings* Program cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription.
- The Imatinib Instant Savings* Program will be accepted only at participating pharmacies.
- The Imatinib Instant Savings* Program is not health insurance.
- This offer is only valid in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- There are no membership fees for the Imatinib Instant Savings* Program.
- The Imatinib Instant Savings* Program expires on December 31, 2016.
- See full Imatinib Terms and Conditions at www.ImatinibZeroCopay.com.
Apotex reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend, rescind, revoke, or terminate the program at any time.
Gleevec® is a registered trademark of Novartis AG Corporation, Switzerland.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/apotex-imatinib-instant-savings-card-program-extended-300357673.html
SOURCE Apotex Corp.