SAN FRANCISCO, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AppDynamics, the next-generation Application Performance Management solution that simplifies the management of complex apps, has announced the release of AppDynamics for Databases to help enterprises troubleshoot and tune database performance problems. This new AppDynamics solution is available immediately and offers unmatched insight and visibility into how SQL and stored procedures execute within databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
AppDynamics for Databases addresses the challenges that application support teams such as Developers and Operations face in trying to identify the cause of application performance issues that relate to database performance. As many as 50% of application problems are the result of slow SQL calls and stored procedures invoked by applications—yet until now, databases have been a "black box" for application support teams.
"Giving our customers critical visibility and troubleshooting capability into the cause of database problems makes AppDynamics absolutely unique in the APM space," said Jyoti Bansal, founder and CEO of AppDynamics. "Application support teams constantly wrestle with database performance problems in attempting to ensure uptime and availability of their mission-critical applications, but they usually lack the visibility they need to resolve problems. We've equipped them with a valuable new solution for ensuring application performance, and it will enable them to collaborate with their Database Administrator colleagues even more closely than before."
With its new database monitoring solution, AppDynamics has applied its "secret sauce" from troubleshooting Java and .NET application servers to databases, allowing enterprises to pinpoint slow user transactions and identify the root cause of SQL and stored procedure queries. AppDynamics for Databases also offers universal database diagnostics covering Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL, and MySQL database platforms.
AppDynamics Pro for Databases includes the following features:
- Production Ready: Less than 1% overhead in most production environments.
- Application to Database drill-down: Ability to troubleshoot business transaction latency from the application right into the database and storage tiers.
- SQL explain/execution plans: Allows developers and database administrators to pinpoint inefficient operations and logic, as well as diagnose why queries are running slowly.
- Historical analysis: Monitors and records database activity 24/7 to allow users to analyze performance slowdowns in the database tier.
- Top database wait states: Provides insights and visibility into database wait and CPU states to help users understand database resource contention and usage.
- Storage visibility for NetApp: Provides the ability to correlate database performance with performance on NetApp storage.
"It is great to have a tightly integrated way to monitor, troubleshoot and optimize the performance of our key applications and the databases that support them," said Nadine Thomson, Group IT Operations Manager at STA Travel. "We're enthusiastic about the ability to use deep database, Java, and .NET performance information all from within a single AppDynamics product."
AppDynamics for Databases is available now; get a free trial here.
AppDynamics is the next-generation application performance management solution that simplifies the management of complex, business-critical apps. No one can stand slow applications—not IT Ops and Dev teams, not the CIO, and definitely not end users. With AppDynamics, no one has to tolerate slow performing apps ever again. AppDynamics customers include AMICA Insurance, Cornell University, Hotels.com, Insight Technologies, Netflix, Priceline, StubHub, Staples, and TiVo. For more information, visit http://www.appdynamics.com.
SOURCE AppDynamics, Inc.