BOSTON, June 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Aqua Security, a market-leading platform provider for securing container-based and cloud-native applications, today announced its support for Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS). Supporting Amazon EKS uses Aqua's Kubernetes-native security controls, released in March this year as part of Aqua 3.0, and makes securing Kubernetes-based applications seamless for Amazon EKS users.
Aqua has also updated its open-source tool Kube-Bench, which tests Kubernetes nodes against the CIS Kubernetes Benchmark recommendations, so that it now also supports Amazon EKS.
"We are excited to see Amazon EKS is now available as an enterprise-ready option to operate Kubernetes for even the most complex microservices applications," said Amir Jerbi, CTO and co-founder of Aqua Security. "By making it easy to secure those applications seamlessly, we enable customers to accelerate deployment without compromising on security and compliance."
Amazon EKS is a managed service that makes it easy to run Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services (AWS) without needing to install and operate Kubernetes clusters.
Aqua provides seamless security that leverages native Kubernetes capabilities, and provides additional deep security controls that are now available on Amazon EKS:
- Kubernetes-Native Role Based Access Controls: Aqua 3.0 enables customers to leverage Kubernetes webhook admission controller to create fine-grained user access control roles and policies, controlling access to kubectl commands, governed by Aqua's scalable labeling scheme. This enables security teams to govern access across teams, with full segregation of duties.
- Kubernetes-Native Image Assurance Controls: In addition to its ability to block unapproved images from running at the individual host level, Aqua can now prevent Kubernetes from running unapproved images across entire clusters, providing a more efficient mechanism that scales across large deployments.
- Kubernetes-Native Network Controls: Aqua's container-level firewall now enables admins to control network traffic based on Kubernetes namespaces, clusters or deployments. This allows admins to enforce network segmentation for compliance purposes, as well as limit an attack's "blast radius" across clusters and applications.
- CIS Kubernetes Benchmark: Building upon Aqua's open-source Kube-Bench, the tool widely used by the community to validate the security posture of Kubernetes deployments, Aqua now incorporates CIS Kubernetes benchmark checks alongside updated Docker CIS benchmark checks. Automated checks can run daily, providing a detailed report that can also be exported for compliance.
- Kubernetes Context in Audit Events: Aqua's event logging now includes Kubernetes-specific information, such as pod name, type, deployment and namespace data, providing additional visibility for compliance and forensics.
Aqua's platform is currently in use by dozens of Global 1000 customers, providing the most comprehensive full-lifecycle solution for securing container-based and cloud-native applications, running on-premises or on the cloud, supporting both Linux and Windows runtime environments. The Aqua platform drives DevSecOps automation, and provides visibility and runtime protection for cloud-native workloads, including both host-level and network-level controls.
For additional information:
- Blog: Securing Kubernetes deployments on Amazon EKS with Aqua
- Kube-Bench: Open-Source CIS Kubernetes Benchmark testing tool
About Aqua Security
Aqua Security enables enterprises to secure their container and cloud-native applications from development to production, accelerating application deployment and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security. Aqua's Container Security Platform provides full visibility into container activity, allowing organizations to detect and prevent suspicious activity and attacks in real time. Integrated with container lifecycle and orchestration tools, the Aqua platform provides transparent, automated security while helping to enforce policy and simplify regulatory compliance. Aqua was founded in 2015 and is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Microsoft Ventures, TLV Partners, and IT security leaders, and is based in Israel and Boston, MA. For more information, visit www.aquasec.com or follow us on twitter.com/AquaSecTeam.
+1 (415) 341-5625
SOURCE Aqua Security