FREMONT, Calif., Oct. 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Ardelyx, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARDX), today announced that it will hold an investor event called "Renal Day" on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, from 8 to 10 a.m. ET in New York City. This year's event is the first of an anticipated annual series of events, and will focus on the evolving landscape for the management of hyperphosphatemia in patients on dialysis and feature the following speakers:
- Geoff Block, M.D., director of clinical research at Denver Nephrology Research
- Glenn Chertow, M.D., professor of medicine (nephrology) at Stanford University
- Lauren Randall Buckley, J.D., group vice president, health policy & reimbursement strategy at Jeffrey J. Kimbell & Associates
- Rory Pace, MPH, RD, CSR, renal dietician, director of nutrition services at Satellite Healthcare
Specific topics that will be addressed include:
- Overview of CKD-MBD and key contributors to the patient population and growth
- Current treatment of hyperphosphatemia and the unmet need from the treating physician's perspective
- Patient management from the community perspective
- Market access and the evolving CKD-MBD reimbursement landscape from the payer perspective
A live webcast of the event will be available on the Events and Presentations page under the investor relations section of Ardelyx's website at www.ardelyx.com.
About Ardelyx, Inc.
Ardelyx is focused on enhancing the way people with renal diseases are treated by developing first-in-class medicines. Ardelyx's renal pipeline includes the Phase 3 development of tenapanor for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in people with end-stage renal disease who are on dialysis and RDX013, a potassium secretagogue program for the potential treatment of high potassium, or hyperkalemia, a problem among certain patients with kidney and/or heart disease. In addition, Ardelyx has completed Phase 3 development of tenapanor for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) and submitted a New Drug Application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration seeking U.S. marketing approval for this indication. To efficiently bring its treatments to market, Ardelyx is pursuing strategic collaborations for tenapanor for IBS-C and hyperphosphatemia in certain territories. Ardelyx has established agreements with Kyowa Hakko Kirin in Japan, Fosun Pharma in China and Knight Therapeutics in Canada. For more information, please visit http://www.ardelyx.com/ and connect with us on Twitter @Ardelyx.