LITTLE NECK, N.Y., March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- New York watchmaker Armitron is proud to announce its partnership with the six athletes of Team Dynamix, who recently dominated the Reebok CrossFit Open, qualifying them to compete in the East Regional competition in May.
The members of the NY-based Team will join U.S. Army Veteran/reality TV star Noah Galloway as ambassadors for Armitron and will be featured in the brand's "One Watch. Many Faces" campaign. As part of the campaign, Armitron will share motivational stories and tips from the athletes and support them as they make their way through the upcoming Reebok CrossFit Regional competition.
Led by head coach Justin Cotler, Team Dynamix is comprised of six of the best individual CrossFit athletes from around the country and world, each with their own stories of physical and personal achievement. The team recently ranked among the top ten teams in the world during the CrossFit Open and will be one of fifteen teams to represent the Northeast at the upcoming CrossFit East Regional competition.
"The accomplished athletes of CrossFit Team Dynamix come from diverse backgrounds and are each compelling and inspirational in their own way. We look forward to sharing their stories as they continue along their fitness journey," said Jerry Dikowitz, Senior Vice President at Armitron. "This partnership reaffirms our commitment to motivating others to reach their full potential. We will be cheering for Team Dynamix as they make their way through the Regional competition and to the Final CrossFit Games."
Members of Team Dynamix include:
- Ian Berger – A native New Yorker and former college soccer player who has forged a name for himself as one of CrossFit's most well-rounded athletes. As an individual, he placed in the top 15 twice at the Northeast Regional before competing as part of a team. He is also the General Manager of the NY Rhinos in the National Pro Grid League (NPGL).
- Andrea Ager – She finished the CrossFit Open 7th in the world in 2011 and 6th in the world in 2012 when she then moved on to finish 5th in the Regional competition. Andrea is also a member of the NY Rhinos in the NPGL. She travels around the country coaching and giving seminars to help others unite faith and fitness.
- Amy Dracup – Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, she is a long time elite CrossFit athlete, and the first Australian female to make it to the final workout in the 2011 Reebok CrossFit games. Amy is a 3x CrossFit Games competitor and an important contributor of the 2x NPGL champion DC Brawlers.
- Christian Harris - A 2x NPGL champion with the DC Brawlers, who can back squat 520 lb. and snatch in excess of 300 lb. Christian finished 6th as an individual at the Northeast Regional in 2013. He is owner and head coach of the Freedom Athletic Academy in Holbrook, NY.
- David Charbonneau –A Former MMA fighter who finished in fourth place during the 2011 and 2012 North East Regional CrossFit competition before he began competing as part of Team Dynamix. He was captain of Team Dynamix in 2013 and 2014, where they won the Northeast Regional both years and finished 5th and 16th respectively at the CrossFit Games. He is also the assistant coach of the DC Brawlers in the NPGL.
- Becca Day – One of the strongest women in the NPGL and in all of CrossFit. Becca can routinely Snatch 235 lb. and Clean 315 lb. She is also a member of the defending champion of the NPGL, the DC Brawlers.
"Team Dynamix is honored to be part of the Armitron family and we can't thank them enough for their support of our team," said Justin Cotler, Head Coach and owner CrossFit Dynamix. "The fact that the brand shares a similar mission to that of our team makes this partnership the perfect fit."
For nearly sixty years, Armitron has been designing and manufacturing distinctive lines of high quality, fashion forward watches at affordable prices. With over five decades of watchmaking experience, Armitron offers a wide range of timepieces each with unique details and features including genuine diamonds, Swarovski crystals, chronograph movements, solid stainless steel and genuine leathers Since pioneering many of the first affordable digital wrist watches, it has been Armitron's mission to make stylish, functional timepieces accessible to every person. Armitron is the Official Watch of the New York Yankees and is proudly headquartered in the United States. To keep apprised of the latest news from Armitron Watches, visit www.armitron.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ArmitronWatches.
About Crossfit Dynamix
Based in Astoria, Queens, CrossFit Dynamix is a CrossFit affiliate gym providing elite level coaching and fitness. With their motto "Change your fitness, Change your life," CrossFit Dynamix has been helping to improve people's lives through the power of fitness. For more information visit www.cfdynamix.com
Director of Public Relations
718-784-0700 Ext 1239
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/armitron-partners-with-champion-athletes-of-crossfit-team-dynamix-300244140.html