EMERYVILLE, Calif., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- From the runways of Paris to the world's best interiors, unique color combinations are everywhere this fall. Shoppers can now incorporate the season's trendiest looks into their own home decor with simple and affordable changes in wall art, rugs and mirrors from Art.com, Inc. (www.art.com), the world's leading online specialty provider of wall art. To determine the latest styles, Art.com merchandising experts shared their top tips for infusing attractive hues into a space to create a variety of looks—from classic to contemporary, and vintage to sophisticated.
Art.com's color-based suggestions to enhance any room of the home or office include:
- Classic Neutrals: Modern meets casual thanks to neutral colors like camel with touches of gray, which offer a simple and contemporary look. The tone-on-tone effect is often found to be soothing.
- Soft and Subtle Pastels: Light colors found in botanical prints and maps create an instant vintage feel—one of the season's enduring trends.
- Warm and Cool Tones: Foster an earthy, inviting energy by combining orange with red hues inspired by worldly shades of India and Morocco. For a cooler look, turquoise and teal accents can conjure up thoughts of the ocean or clear skies.
- Rich Colors: Deep shades of purple and even yellow, when mixed with gray or charcoal, can completely transform a room's energy into something regal yet inviting.
- Trendy Metallics: Adding sheen and luxuriousness to a room is easy thanks to metallic (gold, silver and copper) wall decor—from custom-framed mirrors that add a reflective glow, to gold-framed and metallic accented fine art pieces.
Additionally, Art.com recommends using these colors to create a personal gallery by hanging wall art with frames in different sizes, shapes and colors to create an engaging, dramatic and unique statement. Further, the leading wall art retailer now offers a collection of area rugs and mirrors of all shapes and sizes to help customers complete their decorating vision.
"Featuring modern artists and classic masters, Art.com's fall collection is as an accessible resource for anyone who wants to refresh and customize their home in a beautiful, impactful yet affordable way this season," said Ivy Ross, Chief Merchandising Officer for Art.com, Inc. "We've identified color-based trends that help customers create warm, casual and sophisticated spaces throughout their homes. We're also excited to bring contemporary mirrors and accent rugs into the mix this year—finishing touches that help complete a room's look at a very reasonable price."
For more information on Art.com's fall design trends, additional tips to create similar looks and a selection of color-based wall art, please click here.
About Art.com, Inc.
Art.com, Inc. is the world's leading online specialty provider of wall art. The company was founded in 1998 with one goal—to make art accessible to all by transforming the way the world discovers, personalizes, shares and purchases art. From Basquiat to Van Gogh and every style in between, the site's sophisticated visual search tools make it fun and easy to explore Art.com's vast collection of more than one million works. Art.com, Inc. runs three sites in the USA—Art.com, AllPosters.com, and ArtistRising.com—and has a strong international presence with 25 local sites in Europe, Japan, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and South America.
Art.com, Inc. is a privately held company headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with other facilities in Ohio, North Carolina and the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.AllPosters.com. "art.com" and "AllPosters" are registered trademarks.
SOURCE Art.com, Inc.