Artificial Life had a very successful fiscal year 2009 with record revenues and record sales of mobile games and mobile business applications. It generated over 5 million iPhone game downloads in 2009 and has become one of the world's leading mobile game publishers with over 20 million mobile game licenses sold and downloaded worldwide in 2009 alone.
"We are very satisfied with our business success in 2009. Despite the global financial crisis we were able to strongly enhance our competitive position especially in the smartphone business. We will work hard in 2010 to maintain and further improve our leading position in this business field," said Eberhard Schoneburg, CEO of Artificial Life, Inc.
In addition to the mobile game business for 2010, the Company will focus strongly on mobile business and lifestyle applications. In 2009, approximately 58% of the revenues were generated from the sales and licensing of mobile games, with the remaining 42% generated by mobile business and lifestyle applications. The Company expects this ratio to increase further in favor of the business and lifestyle applications in 2010.
Artificial Life is currently preparing and developing new mobile business and lifestyle products in the following fields:
-- Mobile health care and health monitoring for diabetes -- Mobile security, digital watermarking and virtual reconstruction of objects -- Augmented reality and mobile image recognition -- Mobile green technology, environmental protection monitoring and control applications
Artificial Life also announced the upcoming release of a new version and major extension of its MobileBooster platform. The new platform will serve as a full and flexible m-commerce platform for business clients that can be configured to suit customer needs by the clients themselves. Further announcements to detail the features of this new and powerful m-commerce platform will be issued shortly by the Company.
"With the support of our business partners and new shareholders, we will venture into more mobile business and lifestyle applications in 2010. The demand in the mobile business and lifestyle applications arena will keep growing with the ever increasing number of smartphones produced and sold worldwide. We expect that the new business and lifestyle applications and especially our new m-commerce platform will also help us to win new B2B clients and to create an even broader international corporate client base," said Schoneburg.
(iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.)
About Artificial Life, Inc.
Artificial Life, Inc. (OTC BB: ALIF) is a public U.S. corporation
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the
meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section
21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Such forward-looking
statements include, without limitation, statements regarding our future
results of operations, financial condition and business prospects. In some
cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as
"may", "will", "should", "expect", "intend", "plan", "anticipate", "believe",
"estimate", "predict", "potential", "continue" or the negative of these terms
or other comparable terminology. Although such statements are based on our own
information and information from other sources we believe to be reliable, you
should not place undue reliance on them. These statements involve risks and
uncertainties, and actual market trends or our actual results of operations,
financial condition or business prospects may differ materially from those
expressed or implied in these forward looking statements for a variety of
reasons. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to,
our ability to obtain additional funding to operate and grow our business; the
unproven potential of our mobile gaming business model; changing consumer
preferences and uncertainty of market acceptance of our products; timely
adoption and availability of 3G mobile technology; market acceptance for use
of mobile handheld devices to play the interactive games; unpredictable mobile
game development schedules; our reliance on a relatively small number of
brands; our ability to license brands from others; our dependence upon
resellers and telecommunication carriers and operators to distribute our
products; our ability to successfully develop, introduce, and sell new or
enhanced products in a timely manner; and the timing of new product
announcements or introductions by us or by our competitors. For additional
discussion of these risks and uncertainties and other factors, please see the
documents we file from time to time with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-KSB filed on
Artificial Life IR Contact: Celine Hadaya Tel: +852-3102-2800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Artificial Life PR Contact: Annie Lau Tel: +852-3102-2800 Email: email@example.com
SOURCE Artificial Life, Inc.