HONG KONG and LOS ANGELES, Feb. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Artificial Life, Inc (OTC Bulletin Board: ALIF) (http://www.artificial-life.com), a leading full service provider of award-winning smartphone and tablet technology and applications, announces today their upcoming Portfolio Manager product, an easy-to-use, innovative mobile financial portfolio management application.
The Portfolio Manager mobile app will meet the changing demands of on-the-go business people who rely heavily on their mobile devices as they manage their business and financial assets.
The Portfolio Manager is based on the Company's proprietary artificial intelligence powered SmartEngine™ technology which allows very efficient analysis of complex data sets and messages such as financial news and alerts, creating and analyzing investor profiles, managing investment knowledge, and comprehensively automating messaging and social media interactivity (for feeds and postings, alerts, responses, etc.). These alerts will help users of the Portfolio Manager app to stay abreast of market developments and market news to assist with financial decision making.
The Portfolio Manger has many attractive features catering to the business community and the savvy financial investor:
- Optimize Investments: The Portfolio Manager analyzes performance-related financial data in real time and gathers updated market information with methods usually only available to expert financial analysts. Taking into consideration the individual's risk profile, the most appropriate asset allocations are automatically determined to minimize risk and maximize return.
- Performance Analysis: Investors can compare the performance of multiple securities and alternative portfolios evaluating various risk and return measurements and interactive charts. The user interface is very easy to use, intuitive and optimized for investment evaluations and analysis of complex data sets.
- Personalized Portfolio Recommendations: When starting the app, the program first evaluates user's needs and risk profiles before recommending optimized investment portfolios. Later changes in investment objectives automatically trigger the program to rebalance the user's portfolio recommendations. Securities are automatically recommended for sales or re-evaluated if they are not performing to expectation.
- Sophisticated alerts: The Portfolio Manager can be set up to automatically send custom alerts in real time to users when the change of an underlying asset value like for example a stock price drop will substantially change the risk/return profile of a user's preferred portfolio.
- Friends help Friends: A unique feature of the Portfolio Manager is the tight integration of sophisticated social network features. Users of the app can automatically send and receive alerts to/from their friends about changes in their respective portfolios. Friends can also share risk profiles, asset allocations, news analysis and return statistics among other useful data.
The Portfolio Manager app is scheduled for release in Q2, 2011 for several platforms including iPhone/iPad iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7 in versions optimized for both handheld mobile and tablet devices.
The business model will be a fremium model with a basic version free for all users, with the option to purchase more sophisticated functionality and features for added value against subscription fees.
The Company plans to also offer branded and custom versions for financial institutions.
"The release of the Portfolio Manager for smartphones and tablets shows our commitment to one of Artificial Life (ALIF)'s 2011 key objectives: to establish ourselves as a leader in mobile business apps and to further penetrate the mobile business content space with very innovative products," said Eberhard Schoneburg, CEO of Artificial Life, Inc.
About Artificial Life, Inc.
Artificial Life, Inc. has been a pioneer in artificial intelligence and mobile technology since its inception in Boston in 1994. We are a public US corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: ALIF) with listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Frankfurt: AIF.F; Xetra: AIF.DE) and headquarters and production center in Hong Kong. We have additional offices in Berlin, Germany (EMEA headquarters), Tokyo, Japan, and Santa Monica, USA. Currently our main business areas are: high quality (3D) interactive (massively multiplayer) mobile games, mobile participation television, mobile business applications, our powerful mobile commerce technology platform OPUS-M™ and our green IT solutions provided by Green Cortex, Inc. We have won many industry awards for our outstanding technology and products.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Such forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements regarding our future results of operations, financial condition and business prospects. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may", "will", "should", "expect", "intend", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "predict", "potential", "continue" or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Although such statements are based on our own information and information from other sources we believe to be reliable, you should not place undue reliance on them. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual market trends or our actual results of operations, financial condition or business prospects may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these forward looking statements for a variety of reasons. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, our ability to obtain additional funding to operate and grow our business; the unproven potential of our mobile gaming business model; changing consumer preferences and uncertainty of market acceptance of our products; timely adoption and availability of 3G mobile technology; market acceptance for use of mobile handheld devices to play the interactive games; unpredictable mobile game development schedules; our reliance on a relatively small number of brands; our ability to license brands from others; our dependence upon resellers and telecommunication carriers and operators to distribute our products; our ability to successfully develop, introduce, and sell new or enhanced products in a timely manner; and the timing of new product announcements or introductions by us or by our competitors. For additional discussion of these risks and uncertainties and other factors, please see the documents we file from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-KSB filed on March 16, 2010. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, which apply only as of the date of this press release.
For more information on ARTIFICIAL LIFE, INC., please contact:
Artificial Life IR and PR
SOURCE Artificial Life, Inc.