NEW YORK, May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The WAF solutions market in ASEAN continued to maintain its tremendous growth momentum in 2016 by registering a growth rate of 44.0% on a YoY basis. Both on-premises and cloud-based WAF segments recorded strong growth rates, by 30.2% and 75.7%, respectively. Although the on-premises segment remained the key contributor to the overall market size with a share of 63.1% in the year, the strong adoption trend has been shifting to the cloud-based solution over the past few years, with its share increasing from 23.0%, 30.2%, and 36.9% in 2014, 2015, and 2016, respectively.
Among ASEAN countries, Singapore led the market with a dominant market share of 40.9%, followed by Malaysia at 22.9% of market share. Singapore also experienced the strongest growth among countries by 67.9% on a YoY basis, while Malaysia grew significantly by 24.9%. Thailand, was the third largest market; however, it recorded a quite modest growth at 16.9%. Indonesia and the Philippines saw strong growth at 65.8% and 49.9%, respectively. The adoption of WAF in Vietnam remained low with a mere $1.0 million generated by the market during the year.
In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces for the WAF market.
Key drivers include
- the increasing number of organizations shifting toward the Web front and the rising Internet penetration rate
- the evolved threat landscape that results in greater concerns over data breaches
- stricter requirements for industry compliances, and local regulations that drive organizations to invest more in measures for data protection and to avoid potential liability issues
- and increasing migration from web application into the cloud observed from organizations.
The market trends are analyzed for a study period of 2015 to 2021, with the base year being 2016. WAF solution is the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and Insurance (BFSI), service provider, e-Commerce retail, manufacturing, education, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the WAF market's competitive landscape include Akamai, Alibaba Cloud, Barracuda Networks, Citrix Systems, DBApp Security, F5 Networks, Fortinet, Fujitsu, Imperva, JP Secure, KEMP Technology, MonitorApp, NEC, NSFOCUS, Penta Security Systems, Piolink, Qualys, Sangfor, Secure Sky Technologies, Trinity Soft, Venustech Zenedge, and other small vendors. The countries included in this study are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the WAF market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Will WAF continue to exist, or will other solutions and services take its place?
• How will the structure of the market change with time?
• Will the services replace the product markets?
• What are the most common Web application security threats in ASEAN?
• Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04910503-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/asean-web-application-firewall-solutions-market-forecast-to-2021-300464161.html