MARIETTA, Ga., June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) ranks second in the United States for conferring bachelor's degrees in engineering technology (ET), according to a newly released report issued by the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
The 2011 ASEE Profiles of Engineering and Engineering Technology Colleges report also ranks the university:
- first in the number of ET degrees awarded to African Americans, both male and female;
- second in the number of ET degrees awarded to females of all ethnicities;
- third in the number of ET degrees awarded to Asian-American males;
- first in the total number of ET degrees awarded by programs accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering Technology (ABET); and
- fourth in the total enrollment of ET students.
According to SPSU School of Engineering Technology and Management Dean and current ASEE Board of Directors member Dr. Jeff Ray, the ASEE Profiles rankings recognize the high quality project-based curricula of SPSU ET graduates.
"Our ET students, graduates and faculty are world-class in their disciplines," he added. "It is great recognition to be compared with universities such as Purdue, Rochester Institute of Technology, Penn State and other notable institutions."
For more information about Southern Polytechnic State University's academic programs visit www.spsu.edu.
SOURCE Southern Polytechnic State University