SAN FRANCISCO, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ashmore Carey, a new eco-friendly children's clothing company, is hoping to spark both creativity and awareness of environmental issues by hosting graphic t-shirt design contests. The first one is for teens.
"Teens are very creative in finding ways to support the causes and organizations they care about and our hope is to provide one more avenue or option for them to do that," said Yvonne Hopkins, eco-minded mom and owner of the online retailer.
The contest, which will run for two months, is one of many ways Ms. Hopkins hopes to spark discussion, creativity and action around environmental issues through her company.
Ashmore Carey plans to feature periodic design contests with different themes, as part of its mission to inspire environmental stewardship and creativity. The winner of each contest will receive a monetary prize, half of which will go to an environmental non-profit of his or her choosing. In addition, Ashmore Carey may feature the winner's design on t-shirts in youth and adult sizes that the company will sell online, and one hundred percent of the profits will support the winner's chosen non-profit. The first contest is called "Green Tee – A Graphic T-shirt Design Contest for Teens." So, if you know any young artists, or people you think might like to vote and support a cause, please spread the word.
About the Contest:
- The first contest will run for two months ending on July 9, 2011. Winners will be announced by July 14th.
- It is open to U.S. resident teens between the ages of 13 and 19 years old. The entrant will submit his or her graphic designs online, on the company website at www.ashmorecarey.com, along with a statement about the design and organization that he or she is supporting.
- The design will then be subject to public vote on the Ashmore Carey website, and participants are encouraged to also gather votes by friends and family.
- The first, second, and third prizewinners will win $200, $150, and $100 respectively, half of which will be awarded on their behalf to an environmental non-profit, or school or art program with an environment-related project.
- Ashmore Carey will feature contest winners and their chosen organizations on its blog: www.ashmorecarey.com/blog
About Ashmore Carey:
Ashmore Carey is an online clothing company that makes fun, colorful and comfortable eco-friendly clothing for kids. The company is run by parents who care deeply about sustainability and minimizing the use of chemicals for children's sake and the health of the environment. Ashmore Carey uses a variety of earth-friendly fabrics such as certified organic cotton and bamboo, and all Ashmore Carey clothes are made in the U.S.A.
SOURCE Ashmore Carey