NEW YORK, June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Asia-Pacific application delivery controller market (ADC) posted revenue of $720.1 million in 2014, recording a steady year-on-year growth of 7.3% as service providers and enterprises continued to enhance their critical business application services on the Web platform. Understanding ADC technology and its important role in the business environment has increased significantly among enterprises in Asia-Pacific over the past few years. The capability to provide customers with functionalities of application service availability and acceleration is a key feature that enterprises have looked at to enhance their critical business services on the Web platform to ensure the customer experience.
- The Asia-Pacific (APAC) application delivery controller (ADC) market posted revenue of $ million in 2014, recording a steady year-on-year (YOY) growth of % as service
providers (SP) and enterprises continued to enhance their critical business application services on the Web platform.
- Understanding ADC technology and its important role in the business environment has increased significantly among enterprises in the region over the past few years. The capability to provide customers with functionalities of application service availability and acceleration is a key feature that enterprises have looked at to enhance their critical business services on the Web platform to ensure the customer experience.
- As application security becomes more critical, many enterprises, especially SPs and banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), look at ADC as an important solution to address these challenges. In this light, ADC vendors are focusing on delivering combined capabilities of high performance application services and strong policy enforcement with more advanced security features, on top of the ADC platform.
- Web-based application services, bring your own device (BYOD), and cloud services were key drivers for the APAC ADC market as many SPs looked at ADC to strengthen their service standards as a key competitive edge in the business environment. In addition, many SPs were expanding their managed ADC services to enterprises that preferred to host their applications, content, and services on their own Web sites.
- In APAC, Japan generated the highest revenue, accounting for % of the overall market. Greater China, including China mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, was the second largest market in the region at %, with China mainland making up % and continuing to grow significantly with a YOY growth of %.
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) remained the third largest market, with a combined share of %, with Australia contributing % out of APAC. However, both Australia and New Zealand submarkets did not perform well in 2014, with Australia registering a flat YOY growth of %, while New Zealand declined significantly by %.
- South Korea remained the key ADC market, with % of the overall market share. However, the market declined slightly by %, compared to 2013 because of weak spending among SPs.
- India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) were the submarkets with significant growth rates of % and %, respectively. Key submarkets in ASEAN with
the highest growth rates include Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
- With the advent of software defined networking (SDN) and the increasing adoption of server virtualization across APAC, the hardware-based ADC market will likely be affected. ADC vendors may be focused on delivering the service-oriented approach rather than investing on hardware appliance-based products.
- A possible slowdown in sales of hardware appliances may cause vendors to face more challenges in securing their partner ecosystems, affecting their future business growth.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03032933-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001