DUBLIN, Jan. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Telcos' MSS Market Opportunity in APAC" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
"Telcos' MSS Market Opportunity in APAC", provides an executive-level overview of the managed security services (MSS) market opportunity for telecoms companies in Asia Pacific (APAC). It delivers qualitative insights into the MSS market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The MSS market size in the APAC region is expected to grow by a CAGR of 9.4% between 2017-2022, rising from US$19.7 billion in 2017 to US$30.8 billion by 2022. From a global perspective, the APAC region was the third largest MSS revenue generator in 2017, with 25% of the global total and will remain the third largest with a 25% share over the forecast period.
APAC telcos are in varying states of development with their MSS services. Some larger telcos in developed markets with an enterprise focus have become quite advanced, offering application, infrastructure, and cybersecurity services, even investing in their own SOCs. However many just fairly recently launched their MSS services with application security often a prominently featured type of service usually alongside a portfolio of infrastructure security services. Infrastructure security services tend to be closer to a telco's traditional enterprise offerings. A key strategic advantage APAC telcos have, particularly in emerging markets, is their in-country presence and experience which can be important for some verticals that might regulatory restrictions to keep data domestically or in some markets not well covered by global vendors.
There is a large disparity in the MSS capability between APAC's leading telcos and those that have only recently launched forays into security services. APAC telcos with a strong legacy in providing enterprise solutions around networking, cloud, and data centers are better positioned in the MSS space than telcos who have focused on mass market communication or only simple enterprise connectivity.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following
- Managed Security Services: Taxonomy and Market Context: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of telecom operators' managed security services.
- Telco's MSS market opportunity: This section looks at the recent development and the current state of managed security services in APAC, while also providing a closer look at the drivers and inhibitors for telcos in various categories of security services.
- Key findings and recommendations: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the APAC managed security services market.
- There is a large disparity in the MSS capability between APAC's leading telcos and those that have only recently launched forays into security services. APAC telcos with a strong legacy in providing enterprise solutions around networking, cloud, and data centers are better positioned in the MSS space than telcos who have focused on mass market communication or only simple enterprise connectivity.
- APAC is the world's third largest region in terms of MSS revenue in 2017 with $19.7 billion, accounting for about 25% of the global total. APAC will keep pace with the rest of the world in terms of MSS revenue growth, with a CAGR of 9.4% for both APAC and total global revenue over 2017 to 2022, retaining a 25% share in global MSS revenue in 2022 with $30.8 billion.
- APAC telco that offer MSS often prominently feature application security along side a portfolio of infrastructure security services. Telcos may build on in-country sales channels and staff, customer relationships, and knowledge of local market dynamics providing them with a competitive edge in the application security services segment.
Key Topics Covered:
Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context
Managed security services definition
Managed security services value chain
Section 2: Telcos' MSS Market Opportunity
APAC MSS Market Size in a Global Context
APAC MSS Market Size by Vertical and Business Size
APAC MSS Opportunity in Applications Security
APAC MSS Opportunity in Infrastructure Security
APAC MSS Opportunity in Cyber Security
Section 3: Key Findings and Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8k2fm4/asiapacific?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets