LONDON, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Regulatory Compliance and Growing Dependence on Web–based Business Applications Drive the Market
The Web Application Firewall (WAF) market recorded a strong growth of 31.3% in 2012 compared to 2011, reaching a total market size of $103.1 million in 2012. Growing level of reliance on Web applications or Internet among enterprises drives the adoption of WAF solutions in the region. While South Korea continued to lead the APAC WAF market, 2012 witnessed a robust growth in countries such as Australia, China, and Indonesia, which all grew by more than 40% on a YoY basis. In 2014, China alone is expected to surpass South Korea to become the largest WAF market in APAC. The total APAC market is expected to reach $747.1 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 32.7 percent from 2012 to 2019.
• The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Web application firewall (WAF) market recorded a strong growth of X% in 2012 compared to 2011, reaching a total market size of $X million in 2012. Growing level of reliance on Web applications or Internet among enterprises drive the adoption of WAF solutions in the region.
• Wide usage of Web applications allow companies to conduct their businesses in a more effective way, be it facilitating a better user experience for both customers and partners alike or cutting down the operational cost. However, with the cyber attacks evolved significantly, Web applications become the easy targets for cyber attackers to break into core of an organization and access its privileged information by using techniques such as cross-site scripting and SQL Injection. This led to the development and fast-growing adoption of WAFs.
• Although South Korea continued to lead the APAC WAF market, other countries such as Australia, China, and Indonesia witnessed a robust growth in 2012 as well, growing at more than X% on a year-over-year (YoY) basis. In 2014, China alone is expected to surpass South Korea to become the largest WAF market in APAC. The total APAC market is expected to reach $Xmillion in 2019, at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2019.
• The regulatory compliance was considered as a prominent driver for the APAC WAF market in 2012. After the implementation of Requirement X of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) vX, WAF has been considered as a necessity to comply with the guideline.
1. The actual adoption of WAF witnessed a robust boost in 2012 following a growing awareness toward the value proposition of WAF.
2. The adoption of WAFs in Australia, China, and Indonesia grew significantly in 2012.
3. Greater China took the lead in terms of the WAF investment in APAC, followed by South Korea and Japan.
4. As stand-alone WAF dominated the market in 2012, more cases of integration of WAF into other platforms were witnessed.
Web Application Firewall
Web application firewall (WAF) is a security technology, either hardware or software, that was built in front of the Web server and analyzes OSI layer 7 traffic (a whole session, not packets) to protect applications from attacks aimed at exploiting vulnerabilities in them.
Market Overview—Geographical Scope
• Hong Kong
• The Philippines
• New Zealand
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the WAF market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will these solutions continue to exist or will they get acquired by other solutions?
How will the structure of the market change with time?
Will the products/services become features in other markets?
Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Web Application Firewall Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Demand Analysis
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Region Breakdown
5. ANZ Breakdown
6. ASEAN Breakdown
7. Greater China Breakdown
8. India Breakdown
9. Japan Breakdown
10. South Korea Breakdown
11. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Read the full report:
Asia-Pacific Web Application Firewall Market 2012