ASM Works in Partnership With Puerto Rico to Attract Four New International Services From Norwegian
Non-stop services to four different cities in four different countries will begin operating in November 2015
23 Apr, 2015, 01:45 ET
MANCHESTER, England, April 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Norwegian is launching in November 2015 new non-stop services from Puerto Rico to Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo and London. The airline will be operating to London Gatwick Airport twice weekly (Wednesday and Saturday) and weekly services to Copenhagen (Friday, returning via St Croix), Stockholm Arlanda (Tuesday) and Oslo Gardermoen (Sunday). All flights will be operated with a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150423/740598 )
ASM has been working in partnership with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company and Aerostar Airport Holdings over the past 18 months to attract Norwegian to fly non-stop between London and Scandinavia and Puerto Rico. The discussions with the airline started at World Routes in Las Vegas in 2013 and continued with subsequent head office visits in Fornebu, to present a detailed business case.
Madeleine Rieber Waldjac, Director Network at Norwegian said: "We would like to congratulate the team at Puerto Rico Tourism Company and Aerostar Airport Holdings. It is always important to have the airport authority supported by the tourism authority and when both entities work together, it gives us confidence that the route will be well supported. We know ASM always encourages tourism authorities and airports to work closely together and they always provide a detailed market study behind any opportunity."
Nigel Mayes, Senior Vice President Consulting & Product Development at ASM complimented the Puerto Rico team's approach: "We have worked closely with Puerto Rico Tourism Company and Aerostar Airport Holdings to present a detailed business case, identifying that the market from Europe to Puerto Rico is currently underserved, with a significant percentage of indirect passengers already flying between the two markets. In the past 12 months, this market size was an estimated 150,000 passengers, with 87 per cent having to travel indirect, mainly through the USA, due to the current limited direct offering across the Atlantic. Currently, only Condor and Air Europa provide direct services to Europe."
On behalf of Aerostar Airport Holdings, Alejandro Vales, Customer & Route Development Director ASUR / Aerostar commented: "It is most important for Aerostar to work in partnership with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company as they are pivotal in taking these new routes to market, which will ensure these air service are a success for both Puerto Rico and Norwegian"
Juan A. Nadal, Director - Air & Maritime Access at Puerto Rico Tourism Company said: "I am delighted Norwegian has recognised the diverse markets reached by serving Puerto Rico: a five-star leisure market, a rapidly growing cruise market and unparalleled connectivity in the Caribbean region. Undoubtedly, these air services will help solidify San Juan, Puerto Rico as the leading Caribbean airport. We are certain many other airlines will wake up and notice the opportunity that San Juan can provide; both as destination and as a connecting point."
From San Juan, Puerto Rico, to:
London Gatwick - two weekly departures on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Start date: November 4, 2015
Copenhagen - one weekly departure on Fridays. Start date: November 6, 2015
Stockholm - one weekly departure on Tuesdays. Start date: November 3, 2015
Oslo - one weekly departure on Sundays. Start date: November 1, 2015
Notes to Editors
- Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd was founded in 1995 as the world route development consultants. http://www.asm-global.com
- ASM was the founding company of Routes which organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM EMEA division of UBM plc.
- UBM EMEA connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM EMEA exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
Follow us on twitter:
@ASM_Ltd, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM EMEA ASM Ltd
Share this article