SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global athleisure market size is anticipated to reach USD 549.41 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. People require attire that is both comfortable and stylish. Athleisure is defined as a combination of athletic and casual leisure activities and thus, the sector is growing at a rapida pace. It is a popular category because it taps into several broad trends, including a global shift toward consumers wearing more casual clothing, consumers seeking comfortable clothing, and a more health-conscious consumer engaging in more athletic activities and requiring performance clothing for these activities.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The mass athleisure type segment accounted for the largest share of more than 64% in 2020 and is expected to expand at a steady CAGR over the forecast period
- The demand for highly comfortable clothes with sports features has increased in recent years, and wide pockets and elastic knot elements have become important products for carrying large mobile phones, purses, and a few other daily essentials
- The growing popularity of the utility fashion trend has spurred the demand for utility-active apparel
- The yoga apparel segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 and is also estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028
- North America had the largest market share in 2020; however, Asia Pacific will register the fastest CAGR of more than 10% from 2021 to 2028
Read 117 page market research report, "Athleisure Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Mass, Premium), By Product (Shirts, Yoga Apparel), By End User (Men, Women), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028'', by Grand View Research
True Fit's Fashion Genome (via Direct Commerce), which analyses data from 17,000 brands and 180 million True Fit users, confirms that athleisure orders have increased by 84% since the pandemic began; sales of women's athleisure bottoms in the United Kingdom alone were five times higher in December 2020 than in April 2020. In addition, order volumes for men's athleisure wear sales increased by 20% from the previous year. Target's activewear line, All in Motion, which had only been launched before the pandemic, reportedly surpassed $1 billion in sales.
According to GQ, at least a dozen new businesses have joined the market with identical origin stories in the previous five years. To mention a few, the British companies Ashmei and Iffley Road; the Danish brand Doxarun; and the American brands Isaora and Tracksmith, with the former focusing on high-end training gear and parkas and the latter investing in a retro Ivy League look.
Grand View Research has segmented the global athleisure market on the basis of type, product, end user, distribution channel, and region:
- Athleisure Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2028)
- Athleisure Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2028)
- Yoga Apparels (Tops, Pants, Shorts, Unitards, Capris, Others)
- Athleisure End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2028)
- Athleisure Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2028)
- Athleisure Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Athleisure Market
- Hanes Brands, Inc.
- Adidas AG
- Under Armour, Inc.
- Eileen Fisher
- Patagonia, Inc.
- Wear Pact, LLC
- Lululemon Athletica
Check out more studies related to the Global Clothing, Footwear & Accessories Industry, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Sustainable Athleisure Market – The global sustainable athleisure market size was valued at USD 79.41 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% from 2020 to 2027.
- Yoga Clothing Market – The global yoga clothing market size was valued at USD 31.3 billion in 2018.
- Dye Sublimated Apparel Market – The global dye sublimated apparel market size was valued at USD 4.1 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% from 2020 to 2027.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.