Jun 01, 2018, 12:01 ET
LOS ANGELES, June 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- As a longtime supporter of the LGBTQ community, AT&T* is proud to announce a $1 million donation and multi-year initiative with The Trevor Project, the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people.
AT&T's $1 million contribution is the single largest in The Trevor Project's 20-year history. It will help modernize and transform The Trevor Project's proven suicide prevention capabilities and help them serve 4x LGBTQ youth via their digital platforms as previously possible. This means even more LGBTQ youth experiencing a crisis will be able to reach trained and caring crisis counselors.
In addition to the $1M contribution, AT&T will support the groundbreaking life-saving initiative with more than $675,000 worth of AT&T products and services as well as technology & connectivity expertise. AT&T will also recruit employee volunteers to further support the life-saving work of The Trevor Project.
"We're so incredibly grateful for AT&T's generous support of The Trevor Project's life-saving work," said Amit Paley, CEO and Executive Director of The Trevor Project. "Now more than ever, it is critical for companies committed to inclusion to stand with LGBTQ youth and let young people everywhere know that they should be proud of who they are and that they are never alone."
"We're proud to continue our longstanding tradition of inclusiveness through our relationship with The Trevor Project," said Charlene Lake, senior vice president corporate social responsibility, AT&T. "In addition to our financial support, we're bringing the power of our people and our technology to help Trevor continue expanding its mission to serve the LGBTQ community."
Our commitment to The Trevor Project and other initiatives are the latest in our exceptional history of supporting the LGBTQ community. In 1975, AT&T was one of the very first American companies to prohibit discrimination against employees based on sexual orientation. In 1998 we adopted one of the very first domestic partner benefits programs for LGBTQ employees. And in 2006 we were one of the first companies to offer transgender-inclusive health care benefits. Supporting the LGBTQ community is an enduring priority at AT&T, and we continuously identify ways to advocate and foster inclusivity.
Celebrate with AT&T During Pride Month and Beyond
- Turn Up the Love: AT&T is kicking off Pride season with a call to Turn Up the Love by sharing your support and love for the LGBTQ community members in your life. To support this, AT&T will celebrate the campaign in more than 50 retail stores with Pride giveaways, a contest, a special DIRECTVNOW offer, and more.
- iHeartRadio KIIS FM Wango Tango by AT&T: Join us on Saturday, June 2 at 7pm PT for the iHeartRadio KIIS FM Wango Tango by AT&T featuring live performances by Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, Meghan Trainor and more, taking place at the all-new Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles. Attendees can visit the AT&T space at the Daytime Village to celebrate the LGBTQ community in partnership with AT&T and The Trevor Project, pledge to be an LGBTQ ally, or share their commitment to #TurnUpTheLove for LGBTQ youth this Summer. Fans nationwide can join the fun as AT&T will exclusively livestream the concert and backstage moments on Twitter @ATT. Fans can also listen to a special iHeartRadio Wango Tango By AT&T live broadcast via iHeartMedia radio stations across the country in more than 150 markets.
- LOVELOUD Festival Powered by AT&T: The second annual LOVELOUD Festival Powered by AT&T takes place at the Rice Eccles Stadium on July 28 in Salt Lake City, UT. Founded by Imagine Dragons front man Dan Reynolds, LOVELOUD is designed to ignite the relevant and vital conversation of what it means to unconditionally love, understand, accept, and support LGBTQ+ youth in our communities. The festival will be livestreamed on Twitter, att.com/turnupthelove and the AT&T THANKS app.
- Exclusive Premiere of 'Alone In The Game': The AT&T original feature-length documentary follows a group of athletes and sports figures from the biggest stages in American sports, including the NFL, NBA, MLS, and NCAA, among others, to explore the ongoing struggles LGBTQ athletes are facing at the professional, collegiate and Olympic levels. You can catch 'Alone In The Game' on June 28 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT exclusively on AT&T AUDIENCE Network - DIRECTV ch. 239 and AT&T U-verse ch. 1114 and via streaming services on DIRECTV NOW, DIRECTV, and AT&T U-verse apps.
- Watch the Best and Proudest Content on DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW: Starting June 1, DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW customers can find the "Celebrate Pride" carousel across all their devices featuring some of the best and brightest LGBTQ TV shows and films available! From the upcoming premiere of "Pose" on FX to fan favorites on-demand like VH1's "RuPaul's Drag Race" and FOX's "Empire." and classics like NBC's "Will & Grace" and Showtime's "The Real L Word."
You can share your messages of love and acceptance all year long using #TurnUpTheLove on social media. Because love and kindness are always in season.
About The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the leading and only accredited national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people. The Trevor Project offers a suite of crisis intervention and suicide prevention programs, including TrevorLifeline, TrevorText, and TrevorChat as well as a peer-to-peer social network support for LGBTQ young people under the age of 25, TrevorSpace. Trevor also offers an education program with resources for youth-serving adults and organizations, an advocacy department fighting for pro-LGBTQ legislation and against anti-LGBTQ rhetoric/policy positions, and conducts research to discover the most effective means to help young LGBTQ people in crisis and end suicide. If you or someone you know is feeling hopeless or suicidal, our Trevor Lifeline crisis counselors are available 24/7/365 at 866.488.7386. www.TheTrevorProject.org
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, business, mobile and high speed internet services. We have the nation's largest and most reliable network** and the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider. We're one of the world's largest providers of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. More than 3 million companies, from small to large businesses around the globe, turn to AT&T for our highly secure smart solutions.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2018 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Coverage not avail. everywhere. Based on overall coverage in U.S. licensed/roaming areas. Reliability based on voice and data performance from independent 3rd party data.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
Share this article