BOSTON, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Attivio, Inc. today announced the latest version of its flagship platform – the Active Intelligence Engine™ (AIE) 2.1. Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine uncovers all the information needed, no matter the source or format, to help users identify trends and opportunities. It joins pertinent data and unstructured information to detect challenges and threats before they become issues. New to AIE, Attivio has incorporated key features including SQL support (via a JDBC driver), key phrase detection, content spotlighting, entity-level sentiment analysis and integrated connector support for active security.
"For information access to work well, it needs strong technical features that support searching, browsing, analysis and decision making," said Sue Feldman, IDC's vice president for Search and Discovery Technologies. "Capabilities like SQL support, key phrase detection and entity-level sentiment analysis are important innovations that provide a deeper level of detection and analysis than have traditionally been available through enterprise search and business intelligence applications. They deepen the understanding of the information to make results more pertinent, and to provide analysis and reporting on top of good information access."
Attivio's AIE brings immediacy and depth to the information that drives enterprise organizations, uniting content and text analytics with normalized, related data from any source. AIE enables rich applications, such as dashboards, that provide a comprehensive view across documents, websites, emails and more, as well as data that has traditionally been limited to database applications. The platform directly ingests data without relying on time-consuming data modeling, so it can be accessed and synthesized as soon as it is received.
In addition to currently available features such as comprehensive real-time search, linguistics support, flexible workflow and dynamic facet recommendations, the latest version of AIE includes:
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Support – SQL, the de facto query language for data analysis, allows precision and complexity beyond the capabilities of search engine queries without steep learning curves of proprietary and/or complex new APIs. Attivio's AI-SQL extensions combine the capabilities of relational and search queries and analytics by allowing the creation of virtual tables using full text queries without any need to pre-define a schema.
- JDBC Driver Support – Integrates AIE with thousands of off the shelf business intelligence (BI), reporting and analytic tools, enabling these applications to access and analyze all information from the AIE index, including unstructured text and entities extracted from content.
- Key Phrases – Automatically extracts the statistically improbable phrases from documents, thus producing a conceptual view of the document or a result set.
- Entity-level Sentiment Analysis – Extracts and measures opinions expressed in text and ties those opinions to the names of people, places and things so they can be tracked.
- Content Spotlighting – Gives business managers powerful editorial control over the user's search experience, including managing result ordering for sets of keywords, creating promotions that pull in external content (such as advertisements) and controlling when, how and for which sets of content these things operate. Content spotlighting also fully supports editorial review and approval of changes.
- Active Security – AIE already delivers early-bound security in near-real-time, and now automatically incorporates access control lists (ACLs) provided by other applications. To ensure rapid updating, AIE maintains ACLs in a separate security table in the universal index.
"With the latest version of AIE, we have accomplished some significant milestones. Support for AI-SQL via JDBC delivers the precision of SQL with the fuzziness of search, using a language that is entirely familiar to virtually all developers. At the same time, key phrasing helps to disambiguate an entity based on statistical improbabilities, while our sentiment analysis capabilities can see beyond seemingly positive content to get to the underlying cause of negativity," said Sid Probstein, chief technology officer, Attivio, Inc. "These features are not available in legacy enterprise search, data management or business intelligence technologies. AIE brings the best of these solutions into a single unified information access platform."
For more information on Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine, go to http://www.attivio.com/active-intelligence.html.
On-demand insight is critical to the success of any business, but the information that decisions and processes depend on is created and stored in many formats – databases, spreadsheets, documents, emails, blogs, and more. Attivio solves this long-standing problem of information isolation by integrating search, business intelligence and process automation capabilities to provide answers and intelligence – not just data. With Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine™ (AIE), users retrieve and analyze all types of content and data with simple, search-style queries and via reports and executive dashboards.
AIE's dynamic approach to unified information access features rapid development, true incremental scalability and a small footprint that can be easily embedded in other products and applications. Business and IT leaders, system integrators and independent software vendors partner with Attivio to address today's global business imperatives – uncovering insights that drive innovation and reveal new opportunities, mitigating risk and containing cost. Please visit www.attivio.com for more information.
SOURCE Attivio, Inc.