HERNDON, Va., Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ --
- September marks sixth record-breaking month of year
- September 2010 sales of 8,151 vehicles rose 13.1% above September 2009, topping previous September record set in 2007 with 8,020 Audi vehicles sold
- Third quarter 2010 sales of 25,150 vehicles marks all-time third quarter record for Audi U.S. sales, topping previous third quarter record set in 2007 with 22,767
Audi today sustained its 2010 momentum with record-setting September U.S. sales, which surpassed the prior September record set in 2007 by more than 100 vehicles. September 2010 sales of Audi cars and SUVs not only marked the sixth record month of 2010, but also represented the best third quarter ever in Audi U.S. sales history.
The September results keep the German luxury automaker on track to set a vehicle sales record in the U.S. by year end. The existing annual sales record for Audi in the U.S. is 93,506 vehicles sold in 2007.
Overall, Audi sold 8,151 luxury cars and SUVs in September 2010, topping the previous September record set in 2007 with 8,020 vehicles sold.
The September 2010 results were buoyed by the continued extraordinary consumer response by year-over-year sales increases for the Audi Q5 crossover and Audi A3. For the month, Audi sold 2,277 Q5 vehicles, a 105.9% increase over the 1,106 vehicles sold in September 2009. For September 2010, Audi reported A3 sales of 558, a 54.1% increase above the 362 vehicles sold a year earlier.
Throughout much of the third quarter this year, Audi has enjoyed significant sales growth. September 2010 marks back-to-back record-setting months as August U.S. sales topped 9,182 vehicles sold.
"There is no denying Audi's strong position in the luxury vehicle market as we continue to post strong U.S. sales," said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. "All indications continue to point toward 2010 winding up as the best year Audi has ever enjoyed in the U.S. market."
Audi sales highlights – September 2010
- September 2010 ranks as the best September in Audi of America history.
- Audi sales continue on track to set a U.S. record in 2010; third quarter 2010 sales of 25,150 topped the record of 22,767 set in 2007.
Audi Q5 and Audi Q7 September sales and news notes
- Audi Q5 sales in September second only to A4.
- Audi Q5 sales up 105.9% for September and 78.4% CYTD.
Audi A3, A5 and A6 September sales and news notes
- Audi A3 sales rose 54.1% in September; up 72% CYTD.
- Audi A5 sales increased 18.7% in September; up 102% CYTD.
- The Audi A6 luxury sedan continued sales resurgence: up 26.3% in September; up 29.6% CYTD.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales and news notes
- September 2010 CPO sales experienced 21.9% uptick to 2,275 vehicles from 1,867 a year earlier.
- September 2010 was the best September for Audi CPO in the last six years, since 2004.
Audi of America, Inc. and its 272 U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. During 2009 Audi outsold all other luxury brands in Europe, while in the U.S. market Audi posted the largest market share gain of any luxury automotive brand. Over the next few years, AUDI AG expects to spend nearly $2 billion annually on new products and technology. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
AUDI US SNAPSHOT
-----YEAR TO DATE-----
Total Audi Sales
AUDI US SNAPSHOT
-----YEAR TO DATE-----
Total CPO Sales
- 2010 A4 numbers include Audi A4 sedan, Avant, and S4 models. 2009 A4 numbers include A4 cabriolet, which has been discontinued.
- 2010 A5 numbers include Audi A5 cabriolet and coupe' and S5 cabriolet and coupe' models. 2009 A5 numbers do not include the cabriolet models.
- A6 includes Audi A6 sedan, S6 sedan and A6 Avant models.
- A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan, and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT coupe' and TT roadster models.
SOURCE Audi of America, Inc.