NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the latest market research report titled augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market by Technology (AR and VR) and Geography (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America) from Technavio, the market is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR of 46%.
Impact of COVID-19
The industry is expected to have a mixed impact due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The market will have a direct impact due to the spread. In the short term, the market demand will show at par growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Based on segmentation by Technology, which is the leading segment in the market?
The augmented reality and virtual reality market share growth by the AR segment will be significant during the forecast period.
- At what rate is the market projected to grow?
The augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market has the potential to grow by USD 162.71 billion during 2021-2025.
- Who are the top players in the market?
Alphabet Inc., Facebook Inc., HP Inc., HTC Corp., Magic Leap Inc., Microsoft Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Snap Inc., Sony Corp., and Toshiba Corp. are some of the major market participants.
- What are the key market drivers and challenges?
The increasing demand for AR and VR technology is notably driving the augmented reality and virtual reality market growth, although factors such as high development costs associated with AR and VR apps may impede the market growth.
- How big is the APAC market?
34% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period.
Related Reports on Information Technology Include:
eDiscovery Software Market Report -The eDiscovery software market has the potential to grow by USD 2.70 billion during 2021-2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 12.71%. Download a free sample report now!
Field Service Management Software Market Report -The field service management (FSM) software market has the potential to grow by USD 3.68 billion during 2021-2025, and the market's growth momentum will decelerate at a CAGR of 18.22%. Download a free sample report now!
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will accelerate during the forecast period. Although the increasing demand for product launches, and M&A activities will offer immense growth opportunities, risks associated with AR and VR applications and limitations of AR and VR technology are likely to pose a challenge for the market vendors. In a bid to help players strengthen their market foothold, this augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the leading market vendors. The report also empowers industry honchos with information on the competitive landscape and insights into the different product offerings offered by various companies.
Technavio's custom research reports offer detailed insights on the impact of COVID-19 at an industry level, a regional level, and subsequent supply chain operations. This customized report will also help clients keep up with new product launches in direct & indirect COVID-19 related markets, upcoming vaccines and pipeline analysis, and significant developments in vendor operations and government regulations.
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market 2021-2025: Segmentation
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market is segmented as below:
- North America
- South America
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market 2021-2025: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market report cover the following areas:
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market Size
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market Trends
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market Industry Analysis
This study identifies the Increasing number of M&A activities as one of the prime reasons driving the Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market growth during the next few years.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Technavio's in-depth research has direct and indirect COVID-19 impacted market research reports.
Gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports by using Technavios Subscription Platform
Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market 2021-2025: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will assist augmented reality (ar) and virtual reality (VR) market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the augmented reality (ar) and virtual reality (VR) market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the augmented reality (ar) and virtual reality (VR) market across North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
- Analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of augmented reality (ar) and virtual reality (VR) market, vendors
Table of Contents:
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2020
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
Five Forces Analysis
- Five forces summary
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Technology
- Market segments
- Comparison by Technology
- AR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- VR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Market opportunity by Technology
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Alphabet Inc.
- Facebook Inc.
- HP Inc.
- HTC Corp.
- Magic Leap Inc.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Snap Inc.
- Sony Corp.
- Toshiba Corp.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio's report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio's comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.