LONDON, Nov. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Australia, a nation once famous for consuming beer, has recorded a decline in per capita consumption over the last five years. Australians increasingly consume beer at home and off-premise has gained the most out of this trend. Single serve glass bottles have gained popularity. Often sold in multipacks, consumers prefer this type of packaging format for garden, beach or home consumption. The super premium beer segment showed a growth of 6% in 2015 and currently accounts for 14% of all sales in Australia. Although overall beer consumption is on a declining trend, consumers are opting for better quality beer when they do drink.
- Australians are gradually shifting away from drinking beer. This trend is backed by a recent survey which found that 50% of respondents were trying to limit their beer intake in Australia.
- Flavored beer continued to sustain its growth in 2015. The premium brand present in this segment developed almost 17% but only held small share of the market.
- The most popular brand in the Australian market was Victoria Bitter, accounting for 12% share of the market in 2015.
- Glass bottles were the main form of packaging holding 63% of the market. The format gained share by 1% in 2015, while metal declined almost 5% and PET dipped by 15% in the same period.
- Non-refillable packaging held the majority of the market share at 83%, with glass bottles holding 63% of total volume.
- Smaller pack sizes tended to see higher growth than larger pack sizes. Glass bottles under 37.5cl saw a growth ranging from 14% for 25cl and 2% for 33cl. 37.5cl however holds the majority of the glass bottle volume.
- In terms of volume, large modern retail formed the largest distribution sub-channel, accounting for 34% market share, followed closely by specialist beverage retailer with a share of 31%.
Canadean's Australia Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Australia beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2016 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Australia beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Australia beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new power point add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Australia beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4389243/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/australia-beer-market-insights-report-2016-in-depth-analysis-of-key-companies-brands-volume-value-and-segmentation-trends-and-opportunities-in-the-beer-market-300369387.html