ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Gartner ITxpo -- Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, today showcased the power of its Meaning Based Computing platform through four innovative technologies. Based on Autonomy's unique ability to understand meaning within all forms of content, these four technologies--including a gesture-based user interface, advanced social and news media monitoring, multichannel analytics, and access to mobile cloud-based content--highlight the company's unique ability to develop industry-firsts.
"Businesses today enjoy thrilling new opportunities to inform, persuade, and build trust and loyalty with customers across multiple channels," said Fernando Lucini, Chief Architect at Autonomy. "The explosive adoption of mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad--and social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube--has produced a wealth of human friendly information, and people are looking for new ways to engage with that content. Autonomy's meaning-based innovations provide new interfaces and analytic capabilities, allowing people and businesses to maximize the ever-expanding volume of human friendly information."
IDOL's New Gesture-Based User Interface
Autonomy's gesture-based user interface enables computers to recognize motion--enabling humans to interact naturally with information.
- Revolutionary technology engages people with its visual sense of space.
- Allows people to physically manipulate and engage with clusters of information. These clusters are images which enable individuals to drill down for more detail or expand for a broader view of the information.
- Enables businesses to meet the increasing demand for gesture-based products and natural environments, improving the customer experience. For instance, businesses with one-dimensional or two-dimensional interfaces--such as magazines and smart phones--can provide people with a three-dimensional experience, allowing people to interact with their products in enhanced ways.
Autonomy Explore identifies critical patterns across all customer touchpoints including contact centers, web properties, and social media. This unique technology enables business leaders to identify the "unknown unknowns" that exist in the world's data, allowing them to take proactive action to protect their brand and capitalize on emerging business opportunities.
- Understands that most information about a product or service that surfaces on Facebook or Twitter is not relevant; instead, cuts through the noise and taps into the customer data with valuable, actionable insights.
- Transcend barriers created by disparate systems, point solutions, and organizational structures in order to increase revenue across existing and new channels.
- Extends Autonomy's market-leading supervision, policy, and compliance platform to monitor, govern, and protect organizations across social media channels. Maintains compliance with new regulatory requirements for employees engaging on social media sites.
Autonomy Consolidated Archive
Autonomy Consolidated Archive (ACA), Autonomy's comprehensive archiving platform, enables customers to leverage market-leading archiving technology from any point of access, whether on-premise, cloud-based, hybrid, or appliance-based.
- Customers can view archived email just as they would view real-time email from their mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad.
- ACA's modular, secure platform integrates with Autonomy's 17 Petabyte private cloud.
NewSocial 24x7 leverages the power of Autonomy's Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) to provide media monitoring for print, online, and broadcast news.
- Given a hot news topic, NewSocial 24x7 will present the user with results that can be viewed by media type or date.
- Users can view videos or hear radio broadcasts natively, and choose to push rich media files to their clients or employees.
- Provides users with an automatically personalized list of news that may interest them.
Visit Autonomy's Innovation Showcase at the Gartner ITxpo, Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin in Orlando, Florida, Booth #1.
Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, spearheads the Meaning Based Computing movement. IDC recently recognized Autonomy as having the largest market share and fastest growth in the worldwide search and discovery market. Autonomy's technology allows computers to harness the full richness of human information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice, or video. Autonomy's software powers the full spectrum of mission-critical enterprise applications including pan-enterprise search, customer interaction solutions, information governance, end-to-end eDiscovery, records management, archiving, business process management, web content management, web optimization, rich media management and video and audio analysis.
Autonomy's customer base is comprised of more than 20,000 global companies, law firms and federal agencies including: AOL, BAE Systems, BBC, Bloomberg, Boeing, Citigroup, Coca Cola, Deutsche Bank, DLA Piper, Ericsson, FedEx, Ford, GlaxoSmithKline, Lloyds Banking Group, NASA, Nestle, the New York Stock Exchange, Reuters, Shell, Tesco, T-Mobile, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. More than 400 companies OEM Autonomy technology, including Symantec, Citrix, HP, Novell, Oracle, Sybase and TIBCO. The company has offices worldwide. Please visit www.autonomy.com to find out more.
Autonomy and the Autonomy logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autonomy Corporation plc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Autonomy Editorial Contacts:
SOURCE Autonomy Corporation plc