CAMBRIDGE, England and SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, today announced that the company's end-to-end eDiscovery platform continues to extend its market-leading position with several significant wins around the world. Powered by Autonomy's meaning-based technology, Autonomy is the only company that brings together every component of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) onto one platform. The platform's innovative "Discover-in-Place" capabilities allow law firms to link directly to relevant enterprise information for a particular investigation or case, resulting in radically compressed timeframes for the eDiscovery process. The unique advantages of the Autonomy legal technology platform are driving the company's continued market-share growth, with several recent customer wins including BAE, Bingham McCutcheon, CVR Energy, McAfee, and Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP.
"Autonomy's legal technology platform is ideally suited to meet the challenges and realities of the modern day practice of law," said Michael E. Lackey, Jr., Partner, Mayer Brown, LLP. "I believe that Autonomy's ability to enable law firms to seamlessly collaborate with corporate clients may allow us to speed timeframes and reduce costs in eDiscovery, allowing us to offer higher quality service and better outcomes for our clients."
Corporate legal departments and law firms face significant obstacles to achieving a fast and effective eDiscovery process. Corporations often depend on multiple, disconnected point solutions from different technology providers. Each step in the process requires a costly and time-consuming hand-off of information. Because these tools lack the ability to form a conceptual understanding of the data, they are unable to automate the process of quickly identifying and holding only relevant information for each case. As a result, in a process where speed and accuracy are of paramount importance to success, law firms are often left with their hands tied while they wait for access to their corporate clients' data.
Autonomy provides a unique chaining capability that transforms a slow, reactive, manual, and costly process to one that is fast, proactive, automated, and cost-efficient. With one platform that covers every step in the EDRM, Autonomy can transparently move the data through the entire eDiscovery process, eliminating the need for inefficient hand-offs of information between technology and service providers.
"Autonomy's complete platform really helps us take a more proactive and strategic approach to eDiscovery," said Ron Wills, Senior Corporate Counsel and Legal Risk Manager, McAfee. "Autonomy's unique meaning-based approach allows us to very quickly gain a thorough understanding of the relevance of the information in a given matter. As a result, we are more prepared and can collaborate with our outside counsel faster and more effectively."
Autonomy combines Autonomy iManage content management and Autonomy Digital Safe, the world's largest private cloud at over 13 petabytes, to deliver its unique chaining capability. Autonomy's meaning-based technology automatically forms an understanding of the corporate data and maps its relevance to particular matters and investigations. This Discover-in-Place capability removes the requirement to copy the data to multiple repositories and allows corporate legal departments to provide its law firms with direct, secure access to the information. As a result, law firms can substantially compress the timeframes and costs associated with eDiscovery, and corporate legal departments can form a more proactive approach to managing its ongoing eDiscovery demands.
"As a longstanding customer of Autonomy iManage, we are excited to see how Autonomy has applied its unique meaning-based technology to the iManage platform," said Robert Meadows, Chief Information Officer at global law firm Bingham McCutcheon. "It is clear that Autonomy has a deep understanding of the unique requirements of the legal technology market, and the company is continually investing in its platform to deliver new capabilities that help our lawyers improve productivity and enhance the quality of work product for our clients. This is why we recently expanded our investment in the Autonomy platform, and why we view Autonomy as an important long-term partner to Bingham."
"Autonomy is redefining the way corporations and law firms look at the legal technology market," said Mike Lynch, CEO of Autonomy. "By providing one end-to-end platform that can directly chain together corporate legal departments and their law firms, Autonomy is collapsing what were traditionally two separate markets into one. This allows law firms to provide new services to corporations such as 48 hour early case assessment or outsourced legal hold, dramatically changing the landscape of corporate risk."
Autonomy's Legal Solutions consist of the following:
- Autonomy iManage WorkSite – the defacto standard intelligent content management system for law firms.
- Autonomy iManage Universal Search – an intuitive search solution tailored to meet the needs of law firms.
- Autonomy Records Manager – manages all forms of records: physical and electronic, including email, from a single policy management and administration center.
- Autonomy iManage ConflictsManager – an innovative solution that enables law firms to streamline the management of their conflicts of interest process, iManage ConflictsManager detects patterns and reduces the risk and time for new client vetting procedures.
- Autonomy Digital Safe – a massively scalable, hosted archive service that enables customers to outsource the storage and management of email messages, rich-media files, audio files, instant messages, and web content. With over 13 petabytes under management, Digital Safe is the world's largest private cloud.
- Autonomy eDiscovery Appliance – the industry's only eDiscovery appliance that combines early case assessment and legal hold capabilities, the Autonomy eDiscovery Appliance provides an extremely fast and effective on-ramp to the eDiscovery process.
- Autonomy Legal Hold – automates the legal hold process, data & custodian identification, notification management, preservation & collection, including industry-first hold-in-place capabilities.
- Autonomy Investigator Early Case Assessment – enables early case assessment with the ability to analyze and categorize enterprise Electronically Stored Information (ESI) using the Autonomy IDOL platform.
- Autonomy Introspect – a scalable review, analysis, and processing solution, Introspect marks, tags, annotates, redacts, and numbers all ESI.
- Autonomy DSmail – a self-service archiving solution for email management, governance, and eDiscovery.
Autonomy – the Clear Leader in Legal Technology:
- Ranked Strong Positive (the highest possible ranking) in the just-published Gartner MarketScope on eDiscovery (Autonomy press release: http://www.autonomy.com/content/News/Releases/2010/0111.en.html).
- Recently recognized by IDC as the fastest growing and having the largest market share in the Worldwide Search and Discovery Market (Autonomy press release: http://www.autonomy.com/content/News/Releases/2009/1007.en.html).
- Recently won 6 awards at the Sixth Annual Law Technology News Awards. Voted on by the readers of LTN, Autonomy was recognized in six different product eDiscovery categories, showcasing the breadth and strength of our end-to-end eDiscovery platform (Autonomy press release: http://www.autonomy.com/content/News/Releases/2010/0112.en.html).
- Named Technology Provider of the Year at Legal Week's British Legal Awards 2009 (Autonomy press release: http://www.autonomy.com/content/News/Releases/2009/1207.en.html). Has the largest legal customer base with over 1,500 law firm customers, including 77 of the Global 100 firms, and over 20,000 corporate clients.
- Manages the world's largest private cloud at over 13 Petabytes.
Please visit www.autonomy.com/chaining to learn more.
Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, spearheads the Meaning Based Computing movement. IDC recently recognized Autonomy as having the largest market share and fastest growth in the worldwide search and discovery market. Autonomy's technology allows computers to harness the full richness of human information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice, or video. Autonomy's software powers the full spectrum of mission-critical enterprise applications including pan-enterprise search, customer interaction solutions, information governance, end-to-end eDiscovery, records management, archiving, business process management, web content management, web optimization, rich media management and video and audio analysis.
Autonomy's customer base is comprised of more than 20,000 global companies, law firms and federal agencies including: AOL, BAE Systems, BBC, Bloomberg, Boeing, Citigroup, Coca Cola, Daimler AG, Deutsche Bank, DLA Piper, Ericsson, FedEx, Ford, GlaxoSmithKline, Lloyds Banking Group, NASA, Nestle, the New York Stock Exchange, Reuters, Shell, Tesco, T-Mobile, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. More than 400 companies OEM Autonomy technology, including Symantec, Citrix, HP, Novell, Oracle, Sybase and TIBCO. The company has offices worldwide. Please visit www.autonomy.com to find out more.
Autonomy and the Autonomy logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autonomy Corporation plc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Autonomy Editorial Contacts:
+1 408 953 7111
The Red Consultancy (US)
+1 415 618 8806
Financial Dynamics (UK)
+44 207 831 3113
The Red Consultancy (UK)
+ 44 207 025 6529
SOURCE Autonomy Corporation plc