BREMEN, Ga., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mill Town Music Hall is pleased to announce a lineup that is sure to encourage folks to come inside and out of the rain this spring. With legendary artists such as Travis Tritt, The Easters, NewSong, The Kentucky Headhunters and Mark Lowry – there is something for everyone to enjoy. Mill Town Music Hall focuses on wholesome, family-friendly music and events and is located conveniently off I-20 in Bremen (1031 Alabama Avenue).
Upcoming shows this spring include:
- Friday, March 29 – The Easters have been regulars on the Gaither Homecoming Video Series for 20 years and have won numerous awards, including six Dove Awards. They have also received two career Grammy nominations. With nearly 30 albums together, they are among the most prolific and successful acts in Southern Gospel.
- Friday, April 12 – The BRIDGE Festival SingOff competition is part of this annual family celebration. Musicians will be competing for a chance to open up for NewSong at the venue the following night. The event will benefit BRIDGE, a West Georgia program designed to Build Recovery in Drug Gripped Environments. Go to www.MillTownMusicHall.com and go to the BRIDGE tab to enter the competition. Or sign up for the 5k Fun Run at www.active.com and search for Bremen BRIDGE.
- Saturday, April 13 – NewSong was founded at Valdosta's Morningside Baptist Church in 1981, and the group has eight GMA Dove Award nominations and one Grammy nomination. With more than 18 albums including their recently released Swallow the Ocean, they are among the most prolific and successful acts in the genre.
- Friday, April 26 – The Kentucky Headhunters will be performing as a benefit for the Harold Shedd Music Mill Gallery. The band has won three Country Music Association awards, an Academy of Country Music Award and a Grammy Award. Shedd signed the band to their first recording contract that launched their career.
- Saturday, May 11 – Travis Tritt will perform a rare, intimate solo acoustic concert. Tritt has seven albums that are certified platinum or higher and charted more than 40 times on the Hot Country songs chart, including five number ones. He also won two Grammy Awards and four Country Music Awards, as well as made numerous television and movie appearances.
- Saturday, May 18 – Mark Lowry is a Christian comedian, songwriter and singer. He's best known for co-writing the song "Mary, Did You Know?" Lowry has recorded 12 albums, both music and comedy and performs with the Gaither Vocal Band.
Tickets to any of the shows can be purchased in the following ways:
- Visit Mill Town Music Hall box office: Open Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Call Mill Town Music Hall box office at 770-537-6455.
- Online tickets can be purchased through the www.MillTownMusicHall.com and www.TicketAlternative.com websites.
Plans are underway to open the Harold Shedd Music Mill Gallery, a non-profit extension at Mill Town Music Hall, to serve as a tourist attraction which celebrates music history connected to the state of Georgia. The venue is scheduled to open later in 2013 to honor the legendary country music executive/producer (and GA Music Hall of Fame Inductee) Harold Shedd. Shedd worked with artists such as Alabama, Toby Keith, Shania Twain, Reba McEntire, Billy Ray Cyrus and many others. A West Georgia native, Shedd has been honored for his many contributions to music and the area. Currently, he's working with Alabama for their reunion album and tour.
Mill Town Music Hall can comfortably seat more than 1,000 people and boasts a state-of-the-art audio and visual system. The venue hosts numerous Southern Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Bluegrass and Country concerts, along with other family-friendly events. The facility can also be rented for corporate events and private receptions.
SOURCE Mill Town Music Hall