WESTPORT, Conn., Feb. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Al's Angels, a non-profit charitable organization founded by Westport, CT resident and CEO of Optimus Publishing Al DiGuido, announced today some of the milestone achievements that the organization has reached over the past year.
Over the past year the Al's Angels movement to raise awareness and provide much needed funds for children in the tri-state area who are suffering from cancer, rare blood diseases and severe financial hardship has touched so many children, and has rallied the support of thousands of volunteers from the tri-state area who are all motivated by the mission of the organization.
Among many of the highlights from the past year include:
- The core volunteer and donor base of Al's Angels has grown by over 50 percent, and currently includes more than 3,000 Angels.
- Al's Angels signature "24 Hours of Strikes" and "24 Hours of Hope" annual events raised nearly $200,000 combined in 2012.
- Al's Angels provided nearly 5,000 children battling cancer, rare blood diseases and severe financial hardship with holiday toys and gifts in 2012. This represents a 20 percent increase from the previous year.
- Several new Al's Angels fundraising events were created, including zumba and yoga events which raised thousands of dollars for the organization.
- Al's Angels assembled and distributed holiday meals to over 2,800 families in 2012. This represents a 10 percent increase from the previous year.
- In addition to Al's Angels regular initiatives, the organization put together a comprehensive two-stage effort to aid victims of Hurricane Sandy when the storm hit. Stage 1 was the collection of household goods, clothing and clean up necessities for effected families throughout the region. The Angels filled two 24-foot trucks with items that were distributed in the hardest hit regions, including Coney Island, Rockaway, Hoboken and Jersey City. Stage 2 included the launch of an amazing toy drive to collect 5,000 toys for children who had lost everything during the storm.
- In less than 30 days, the Al's Angels Hurricane Sandy relief effort spread nationwide, as individuals and companies around the United States and Canada began providing support to the initiative.
With an incredibly successful 2012 behind the organization, Al's Angels has announced plans to build on the momentum and make 2013 an even bigger year with the goal of raising a record number of funds and to provide over 3,000 families with holiday meals and over 6,000 children with toys and gifts.
Among some of the upcoming events and initiatives that Al's Angels has already confirmed are as follows:
- March 16th: Al's Angels will assemble and distribute 1,500 Easter and Passover baskets for children in need.
- April 8th: Al's Angels will host the third annual "24 Hours of Strikes" bowling event at Bowlmor Lanes in Time Square
Additionally, numerous new fundraisers are being planned, such as "Angel Tip Cards" , "Angel- Food Products" "Zumba for a Cause", "Touch a Truck" and others. Al's Angels is also working to publish a new book, "In the Presence of Angels."
"We have been incredibly touched and inspired by the generosity and selflessness of so many people who have come together to support the mission of Al's Angels," said Al DiGuido, founder of Al's Angels. "2012 was undoubtedly a defining year for our organization, where we raised awareness for our cause and provided much needed support to children who are in desperate need. However, we still have a tremendous amount of work to do, and we really need the support and awareness of our organization to be spread even wider as we continue to be carry on our mission."
To learn more about how to get involved with Al's Angels please visit www.AlsAngels.org, or email Al's Angels founder Al DiGuido at email@example.com. For any person who would like to make a financial contribution simply click on the "Donate" button on Al's Angels website and follow the instructions to make your donation. If you would rather make your donations via mail, please send to Al's Angels – 342 Greens Farms Road, Westport , CT 06880.
ABOUT AL'S ANGELS
Al's Angels was founded by Westport, CT resident Al DiGuido in 2004 as a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to provide assistance to children and families suffering hardship due to life-threatening illnesses or poverty. Al's Angels not only distributes meals and gifts for needy families, but also sponsors fundraising events and activities for affiliated churches and social service groups, provides them with fundraising support and works to encourage greater public giving.
SOURCE Al's Angels