OAK PARK, MI, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD)(OTC: AZDDF) ("Azure" or the "Company"), a world leader in the development and production of hybrid electric and electric components and powertrain systems for commercial vehicles, today announced 34 new Ford Transit Connect Electric sales. These North American sales to various municipalities, a regional governmental authority and Ford Commercial Truck dealerships follow Azure's recent announcement of 100 Transit Connect Electric van sales in Europe.
"Our partnership with Ford Commercial Truck dealerships allows us to access a distribution network that is well established and deeply connected to fleet operators in markets throughout North America," said Scott Harrison, Azure's CEO. "We know that customer interest in efficient, green technologies is rapidly increasing. Now, more customers will have the opportunity to experience the product first-hand at their local dealership to help keep orders flowing."
Azure Dynamics has enrolled over 130 Ford Commercial Truck dealerships in key markets across North America, 90 of which support Transit Connect Electric with sales and service activities.
Eight of the Transit Connect Electric vans in the new orders were ordered by municipalities and public agencies including the following:
- Ontario Ministry of Transportation ordered two Transit Connect Electric vans through Oak-Land Ford Lincoln in Oakville, ONT
- City and County of Denver ordered two vans through Phil Long Ford in Denver, CO;
- City of Kansas City ordered one van through Olathe Ford Lincoln in Kansas City, MO;
- City of San Francisco ordered one van through Serramonte Ford in Colma, CA;
- Tennessee Valley Authority ordered one van through Mid-Tenn Ford Truck Sales Inc. in Nashville, TN
- Centre de Gestion des Équipement Roulants (CGER) in Quebec ordered one van through Boisvert Ford in Boucherville, QC.
The remaining 26 Transit Connect Electric vans were sold to a number of Ford commercial truck dealers who will use the vehicles as customer demonstrators to increase awareness and appreciation of the product with potential customers. These dealerships include:
- All American Ford in Hackensack, Paramus, and Old Bridge, NJ (3 vans total; each location purchasing one van)
- Astro Ford in D'Iberville, MS (1 van)
- Balise Ford of Cape Cod in Hyannis, MA (2 vans)
- Bartow Ford in Bartow, FL (1 van)
- Bayshore Ford Truck Sales in New Castle, DE (1 van)
- Bob Wondries Ford in Alhambra, CA (1 van)
- Boyer Ford in Minneapolis, MN (1 van)
- Carmenita Ford Truck Sales in Santa Fe Springs, CA (1 van)
- Eastcourt Ford in Agincourt, ONT (1 van)
- Harold Zeigler Ford Lincoln in Elkhart, IN (1 van)
- Northwest Ford Truck Center in Franklin Park, IL (1 van)
- Randall Ford in Fort Smith, AR (1 van)
- Richport Ford Lincoln Ltd. in Richmond, BC (1 van)
- Route 23 Auto Mall in Butler, NJ (1 van)
- Stoneham Ford in Stoneham, MA (1 van)
- Sutton Ford (through LeasePlan USA) in Matteson, IL (1 van)
- Tom's Truck Center in Santa Ana, CA (1 van)
- Town & Country Ford in Evansville, IN (5 vans)
- Waldorf Ford in Waldorf, MD (1 van)
The Ford Transit Connect Electric utilizes an advanced lithium-ion battery from Johnson Controls to achieve a range of 50 to 80 miles depending on auxiliary usage and drive cycle and is rechargeable using either a 240-volt or standard 120-volt outlet. Commercial vans generally return to a central location at the end of each driving cycle making for easy overnight recharging. Use of the vehicles will also reduce fuel and maintenance costs, as well as reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
About Azure Dynamics
Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD)(OTC: AZDDF) is a world leader in the development and production of hybrid electric and electric components and powertrain systems for commercial vehicles. Azure is strategically targeting the commercial delivery vehicle and shuttle bus markets and is currently working internationally with a variety of partners and customers. The Company is committed to providing customers and partners with innovative, cost-efficient, and environmentally-friendly energy management solutions. For more information please visit www.azuredynamics.com.
The TSX Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Forward-Looking Statements Advisory
Certain information included in this press release constitutes forward-looking statements and information and future-oriented financial information under applicable securities legislation and is provided for the purpose of expressing management's current expectations and plans for the future. Readers are cautioned that reliance on such information may not be appropriate for other purposes, such as making investment decisions.
More particularly, this press release contains statements concerning Azure's anticipated: business development strategy, customer orders, product deliveries, sales, revenue and revenue growth. The forward-looking statements are based on a number of key expectations and assumptions made by Azure, including expectations and assumptions concerning achievement of current timetables for development programs and sales, target market acceptance of Azure's products, current and new product performance, availability and cost of labor and expertise, and evolving markets for power for transportation vehicles. Although Azure believes that the expectations and assumptions used to develop the forward-looking statements are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements because Azure can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct.
Since forward-looking statements address future events and conditions, by their very nature they involve numerous risks and uncertainties that contribute to the possibility that the projections and forecasts in the forward-looking statements will not occur and that actual performance or results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the risks associated with Azure's stage of development, history of losses and lack of historical product revenues, uncertainty as to product development and sales milestones being met, product defect and performance risks, competition for capital and market share, uncertainty as to target markets, dependence upon third parties, changes in environmental laws or policies, uncertainty as to patent and proprietary rights, availability and retention of management and key personnel, exchange rate and currency fluctuations, uncertainties relating to potential delays or changes in plans with respect to product development or capital expenditures, the ability of Azure to access sufficient capital on acceptable terms, and environmental and safety risks. This is not an exhaustive list and additional information on these risks and other factors that could affect Azure's operations and financial results are included in reports on file with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities and can be accessed through the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date hereof and Azure undertakes no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements or information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless so required by applicable securities laws. Additionally, Azure undertakes no obligation to comment on the expectations of, or statements made by, third parties about Azure.
SOURCE Azure Dynamics Corporation