SAN DIEGO, July 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- BakBone Software® (OTC Bulletin Board: BKBO), a leading provider of storage and data protection software, today introduced version 4.1 of NetVault®: FASTRecover™ (NVFR), BakBone's disk-based, real-time data protection solution for Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and Windows File Servers. As businesses upgrade to Exchange Server 2010, they can keep their critical data protected and highly available with NetVault: FASTRecover 4.1.
- The newest release of NetVault: FASTRecover delivers high levels of business continuity for Exchange 2010 environments. BakBone's patented Virtual On-Demand Recovery™ technology enables customers to recover their business-vital and mission-critical Exchange 2010 data in as little as 30 seconds and to any point in time.
- NetVault: FASTRecover seamlessly protects multiple remote or branch office applications and data across the WAN and enables fast failover to physical or virtual machines to ensure distributed application availability.
About NetVault: FASTRecover
- Simultaneously protects local and remote office data. BakBone's NetVault: FASTRecover ensures simultaneous local and remote protection by enabling replication between local and remote NetVault: FASTRecover servers. This allows customers to maintain a current, recovery-ready copy of production data at a remote site, which can be quickly restored at that remote site.
- Minimizes downtime. NetVault: FASTRecover further strengthens disaster recovery capabilities to minimize downtime and provide recovery of protected data to an alternate physical server or virtual machine in as little as 30 seconds.
- Implements application availability – local and/or remote – to existing infrastructures. NetVault: FASTRecover provides distributed application availability at an affordable price, enabling customers to implement an infrastructure that will keep their data safe and accessible even in the event of a disaster at either the local or remote site.
Mark LeBlanc, Network Specialist, Edmonton Public Library: "Our heterogeneous IT environment needed a solution that would be easy to implement with our different servers. NetVault: FASTRecover offered several features that other solutions did not offer: a Web-based application, easy-to-use interface and fast recovery."
Robert Amatruda, research director, data protection and recovery, IDC: "We expect FASTRecover with its remote office recovery capability will appeal to many of BakBone's existing customers and make it more attractive to new customers looking for real-time recovery of remote applications. Additionally, providing its large installed base of over 15,000 customers with simultaneous remote replication and failover to physical and virtual machines are must-haves for any customer evaluating data protection solutions. Moreover, we expect that customers will value the ability to deploy distributed application availability in their existing infrastructure." (1)
Dan Woodward, senior vice president of Product Delivery, BakBone: "We are committed to helping our customers fully leverage their Exchange 2010 environments with exceptional levels of business continuity. BakBone's portfolio of data protection solutions for Exchange helps organizations meet recovery requirements for their applications and emails in a simple and cost-effective manner. Customers with very aggressive and unforgiving recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) requirements can take full advantage of 30-second application and data recovery with NetVault: FASTRecover's Virtual On-Demand Recovery technology."
Video: How to Recover Remote Office Data with NetVault: FASTRecover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQeMgYnykqw
Can Your Team Meet Your Service Level Agreements (SLAs)? http://blog.bakbone.com/2010/04/19/service-level-agreements/
NetVault: FASTRecover: http://fastrecover.bakbone.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakbone
(1) Source: IDC, BakBone Refines Its Integrated Data Protection Offerings with FASTRecover 4.0, Doc # 221731, January 2010
About BakBone Software
BakBone makes data protection a simple, straightforward process with an award-winning product suite. From real-time data protection to deduplication, disk-based and tape backup and application protection, BakBone's solutions manage resources across all platforms, providing improved operational efficiency, reduced system downtime, improved data and application availability and enhanced security to support the business growth of enterprise environments. For more information about BakBone, visit www.bakbone.com or email [email protected].
BakBone®, BakBone Software®, NetVault®, Application Plugin Module™, BakBone logo®, Integrated Data Protection™, NetVault: SmartDisk™, Asempra® and FASTRecover™ are all trademarks or registered trademarks of BakBone Software, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of, and used to identify, products or services of their respective owners.
SOURCE BakBone Software