FISHERS, Ind., June 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball® brand home canning products, announces its 2016 Can-It-Forward Day will take place on Friday, July 22nd from its new digital location, Facebook Live. Now it its 6th year, Can-It-Forward Day was born from the desire to share – or pay forward - the joy and benefits of canning, bringing together canners, gardeners and food enthusiasts alike. Canning demonstrations from popular canning bloggers, as well as the Ball brand's expert chefs will take place from 10:00AM – 3:30PM ET on the Ball Canning Facebook page.
"Online search is the top place consumers look for canning recipes, with 55% of consumers telling us they search there for inspiration*, so Facebook Live is an ideal platform to reach new and experienced canners," said Janine Moore, Senior Brand Manager of Fresh Preserving at Jarden Home Brands. "It's our mission to instill confidence and provide the leading educational resources for those looking to can, whether it's one jar of pickles or a garden full of tomatoes. Can-It-Forward Day has long been a place welcoming of all preservers and we're thrilled to bring it to life in a new way for 2016!"
Whether participants are learning to can for the first time or looking to share preserving expertise, the spirit of "canning-it-forward" will come through in all social aspects of the broadcast as well as this year's focus on charity. To support communities offline, five small, local, non-profit organizations have been selected with the help of participating bloggers to benefit from the event. For every like, share, reaction and comment on the Can-It-Forward Day Facebook Live videos on July 22, a $1 donation will be made to one of the following local charities:
- Southside Middle School Panther Pantry (Muncie, Indiana) selected by Jarden Home Brands
- The Food Trust (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) selected by Marisa McClellan, Food in Jars
- EnrichLA (Los Angeles, California) selected by Linda Ly, Garden Betty
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee (Nashville, Tennessee) selected by Angie Holden, The Country Chic Cottage
- Food Lifeline (Seattle, Washington) selected by Malia Karlinsky, Yesterday on Tuesday
"Can-It-Forward Day comes during the peak of growing season and we're thrilled to help canners of any experience level preserve that bounty as well as help support food charities around the country," continued Moore.
Viewers will have the privilege of watching unique recipe demos throughout the day, not yet made available online, including Apricot Lavender Jam, Spicy Heirloom Tomato Chutney, Green Tomato Pickles, Fiesta Peppers, Chipotle Peach Salsa, and more. Participating internationally, canners in Jarden Home Brands' newest markets, South Africa, Australia and the UK, will join in online by sharing their own favorite canning recipes.
Those looking to learn more about the latest jamming trends and how to make the most of their fresh produce can join Can-It-Forward Day in any of the following ways:
- Pledge to can-it-forward by signing up via the pledge page and share with friends.
- Tune in on July 22nd to watch canning demonstrations via Facebook Live from 10:00AM – 3:30PM ET. Each hour, viewers will have the chance to win a giveaway prize!
- Engage with any of the Facebook Live recipe videos and a donation will be made to charity.
- Ask Jarden Home Brands canning experts any preserving or home canning questions via Twitter with the hashtag #canitforward from 10AM – 5PM ET. Consumers can also share their own #canitforward creations with the brand on Pinterest and Instagram.
About Newell Brands
Newell Brands (NYSE : NWL ) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer's®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
©2016 Hearthmark, LLC dba Jarden Home Brands. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by Hearthmark, LLC dba Jarden Home Brands, Fishers, IN 46037, USA. Hearthmark, LLC is a subsidiary of Newell Brands Inc. (NYSE : NWL ).
Ball and Ball®, TMs Ball Corporation, used under license.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
* Online quantitative survey conducted among a sample of 1,019 adults 18 years of age and older, fielded June 8-10, 2015.
SOURCE Jarden Home Brands