SAO PAULO, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Net Income of R$ 70.9 million in the quarter, and R$ 274.7 million for the year, 30.1% higher than 2009;
- Return on Average Equity (ROAE) was 17 % for the quarter and Net Adjusted Financial Margin (NIM-A)(1) remained at a high level, of 12.1%;
- Credit Portfolio(2) rising 12.2%, closing 4T10 at R$ 6,222.5 million, which represented strong growth of 53.2% over the past 12 months;
- More than 100 points of distribution: 30 branches, 57 Daycred stores, 11 stores Daypag and 5 exchange bureaus/ correspondent;
- Basel Ratio at 19.9 %, a 1.3 p.p. decline during the quarter, continuing at a high level;
- DAYC4 rises 32.4% during the year whereas, during the same period, the Ibovespa was up by 1%;
- Raising of the outlook of Daycoval's global and national scale ratings awarded by the Standard & Poor's classification agency in December 2010;
(1) Excluding repurchase agreements –tri-party repos outstanding.
(2) Includes assignments, sureties and avals granted and the purchase of credit rights.
- 4Q10 Conference Call (only in Portuguese):
3:00 PM (BR) (12:00 PM US EST)
Other Countries/Dial In USA: (+55) 11 4688 6361*
Code: Banco Daycoval
About Banco Daycoval
Banco Daycoval S.A. is a financial institution that specializes in the middle market segment and has significant activity in the retail business. Headquartered in São Paulo, it has 30 branches in 26 cities of 18 states across Brazil, as well as the Federal District. In the fourth quarter 2010, its credit portfolio reached R$ 6.2 billion, with total assets of R$ 8.9 billion and net income of R$ 70.9 million. Daycoval pursues a conservative strategy and stands out for high liquidity and low leveraging, as evidenced by its Basel II Ratio of 19.9% in December 2010.
In September 2010 the Brazilian Central Bank's ranking of all private-sector banks put Daycoval in 16th place by shareholders' equity and 23rd by total assets less financial intermediation income. Daycoval has won important national long-term scale ratings, of "A+" from Fitch Ratings and "brAA-" from Standard & Poor's, with a positive outlook.
- For complete earnings release access website: www.daycoval.com.br/ri (english)
Erich Marra Romani
+ 55 11 3138-1024/1025/1039
SOURCE Banco Daycoval S.A.