DUBLIN, April 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Market Spotlight: Basal Cell Carcinoma (2020)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This Market Spotlight covers the basal cell carcinoma market, comprising key marketed and pipeline drugs, epidemiology, recent events and analyst opinion, clinical trials, upcoming events, probability of success, patent information, and licensing and acquisition deals.
- The approved drugs in the basal cell carcinoma space target the immune system, thymidylate synthase, reactive oxygen species/free radicals, and Hedgehog signaling pathway. These therapies are administered via the topical and oral routes.
- The greatest proportion of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for basal cell carcinoma are in Phase II. Therapies in the pipeline for basal cell carcinoma focus on a wide variety of targets. These drugs are administered via the topical, oral, intravenous, and intratumoral routes.
- High-impact upcoming events for drugs in the basal cell carcinoma space comprise topline Phase II trial results for Libtayo and topline Phase III trial results for Ameluz.
- The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I solid tumors asset is 5.7%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 41.9%. Drugs, on average, take 9.4 years from Phase I to approval, compared to 9.3 years in the overall oncology space.
- There have been only four licensing and asset acquisition deals involving basal cell carcinoma drugs during 2015-20. The $175m agreement between Sun Pharmaceutical and Novartis made in December 2016 for the acquisition of Novartis's branded oncology product Odomzo by Sun Pharmaceutical was the largest deal.
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for basal cell carcinoma have been in the early and mid-phases of development, with 81% of trials in Phase I-II, and only 19% in Phase III-IV.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of basal cell carcinoma clinical trials globally, while the UK leads the major European markets.
- Clinical trial activity in the basal cell carcinoma space is dominated by completed trials. Roche has the highest number of completed clinical trials for basal cell carcinoma, with 17 trials.
- Roche leads industry sponsors with the highest overall number of clinical trials for basal cell carcinoma, followed by Novartis.
- Sun Pharmaceutical
Key Topics Covered
- Electrodesiccation & Curettage (ED&C)
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Excisional Surgery
- Radiation Therapy
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Laser Surgery
- Pharmacological Therapies
- Recent Incidence Studies
RECENT EVENTS AND ANALYST OPINION
- SRT-100 for Basal Cell Carcinoma (April 23, 2019)
- Erivedge for Basal Cell Carcinoma (March 25, 2019)
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS
LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
- Sponsors By Status
- Sponsors By Phase
- Recent Events
- Prescription information
List of Figures
Figure 1: Overview of Pipeline Drugs for Basal Cell Carcinoma in the US
Figure 2: Pipeline Drugs for Basal Cell Carcinoma, by Company
Figure 3: Pipeline Drugs for Basal Cell Carcinoma, by Drug Type
Figure 4: Pipeline Drugs for Basal Cell Carcinoma, by Classification
Figure 5: Key Upcoming Events in Basal Cell Carcinoma
Figure 6: Probability of Success in the Basal Cell Carcinoma Pipeline
Figure 7: Licensing and Asset Acquisition Deals in Basal Cell Carcinoma, 2015-20
Figure 8: Parent Patents in Basal Cell Carcinoma
Figure 9: Clinical Trials in Basal Cell Carcinoma
Figure 10: Top 10 Drugs for Clinical Trials in Basal Cell Carcinoma
Figure 11: Top 10 Companies for Clinical Trials in Basal Cell Carcinoma
Figure 12: Trial Locations in Basal Cell Carcinoma
Figure 13: Basal Cell Carcinoma Trials Status
Figure 14: Basal Cell Carcinoma Trials Sponsors, by Phase
List of Tables
Table 1: Marketed Drugs for Basal Cell Carcinoma
Table 2: Pipeline Drugs for Basal Cell Carcinoma in the US
Table 3: SRT-100 for Basal Cell Carcinoma (April 23, 2019)
Table 4: Erivedge for Basal Cell Carcinoma (March 25, 2019)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ubivvk
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets