LAS VEGAS, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The day began with Kim Vo introducing Battle of the Strands to kick off the International Beauty Show at the main stage. The event went beautifully on Sunday, April 14th in Chelsea at the Helen Mills Event Space. Five teams presented current trends in a high-end avant garde look on their models before a panel of celebrity judges, icon filled audience, and television crew. The show was a visual feast and excellent insight to what the TV show is being made about.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/battle-of-the-strands-nyc-qualifier-announces-oscar-blandis-team-as-its-winner-203343081.html
- Extension Goddesses from Oscar Blandi Salon, New York, NY (Winners)
- Team Fringes from Fringes Salon Omaha, NE (Runners up)
- The Boston Tease Party from Boston, MA
- Hair and the City from Hair in the City Salon, New York, NY
- Dream Team from Salon Visage, Westfield, NJ
Kim Vo led his salon team in winning Battle of the Strands 2011 & was host of last year's competition. In addition to being featured in several TV shows and publications, Vogue Magazine named him "the Best Blonder in the business."
Kandee is a YouTube phenomenon who has captivated the hearts of over 5 million web beauty aficionados. With over 185 million page views & a million dedicated subscribers to her channel, Kandee has shared her passion for Hair, Makeup & Beauty to a global audience.
Editor-in-chief, American Salon
As editor in chief & beauty director of American Salon, Kelley reports on all aspects of the professional beauty industry, including seasonal hair trend collections, up-to-the-minute techniques, what's new in pop culture, as well as timely issues ranging from education to going green.
- Winning team advances to the October semi-finals in Las Vegas
- Runner-up has the chance to compete again in another qualifier round
- All teams still have a chance to be selected for the semis through online voting
- Event was filmed for use in the TV series that is being produced by High Noon Entertainment
- Earlier that day, Kim Vo and Kandee Johnson, announced the NYC Qualifier & 2013 Battle at IBS attended by 20,000 people
- Future shows will be open to the public
- Next stop, Orlando Premier, June 1st ! Register: www.BattleOfTheStrands.com/Orlando
SOURCE Battle of the Strands