HOUSTON, Oct. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass was recognized as a leader in Financial Fitness from Javelin Strategy & Research in its 2017 Online Banking Scorecard, with independent research firm spotlighting the bank for providing a notable online banking experience that guides customers on a financial journey.
Javelin Strategy & Research's competitive analysis of the nation's top 28 financial institutions examines more than 225 online banking features in six critical areas of banking success: ease of use, security empowerment, financial fitness, money movement, customer service, and account opening.
The 'Leader' in Financial Fitness recognition was given to just 3 financial institutions out of 28 measured that Javelin found to be proactive and vigilant financial advisers that demonstrate that they:
- Have financial oversight and guidance anchored by the ability for customers to conveniently view balances and transactions for all of their accounts in a single view.
- Give consumers alerts that help them stay on top of their finances.
- Serve up personalized content and insights to help them understand and manage their money better.
- Have online banking services that boast the tools and advice that help customers save for specific goals.
"Creating Opportunities is more than a tagline for us, it's the driving force behind our channel development," said BBVA Compass Director of Online and Mobile Banking Alex Carriles. "We want our customers to have amazing experiences that benefit them - and their unique financial journey - in a tangible way. When we relaunched online banking with functionalities like BBVA Compass Financial Tools and Easy Payments & Transfers, we knew the additions would have concrete value for our customers."
BBVA Compass' patent-pending Easy Payments & Transfers stands apart thanks to its reimagined and streamlined user experience. It was simplified to guide clients through a process that enables them to quickly and easily move money to and from accounts inside BBVA Compass, or at other financial institutions. Users simply select the account they are transferring from, select the destination, amount and when they want the money there, review and complete the transaction, all without using complex banking language. Users can also see scheduled and posted transactions, search transaction activity and edit, delete or inquire about scheduled transactions.
BBVA Compass Financial Tools is a free digital money management and account aggregation tool made available in coordination with MX, a leader in unified financial data. It allows clients to create a single view of their financial accounts, regardless of bank of origin, and includes:
- Spending: Clients can see their spending broken out into categories over a period of time and can change the date range, view a visualization of income sources, and segment by subcategories and transactions.
- Budgets: A 'bubbles chart' that shows clients' monthly budget. Budget categories change color from green to yellow and red if the client exceeds set spending limits.
- Trends: Shows spending over time, with the ability to show subcategories and transaction details.
- Debts: Enables clients to view a debt plan for their aggregated accounts. Clients can view balances, APR, last payment date and minimum payment. They can also project debt payoff dates and prioritize the payoff of certain debts.
- Net Worth: Clients can see an estimate of their net worth based on accounts linked in online banking.
- Goals: Clients can create a goal, name it, and associate it with an internal or external account. They can also change the amount and priority of each goal, as well as the total amount available overall.
BBVA Compass Online Banking was recognized as a leader in Javelin's 2016 Online Banking Scorecard for Financial Management and Money Movement capabilities. BBVA Compass Mobile Banking was named a leader in the Functionality category in Javelin's 2016 Mobile Banking Award for three consecutive years from 2013-2016. BBVA Compass was also recognized as a leader in Most Comprehensive Alerts category for the first time in the firm's 2016 Mobile Banking Financial Institution Scorecard.
For more on BBVA Compass, visit http://www.bbvacompass.com.
To learn more about BBVA Compass, visit: www.bbvacompass.com
About BBVA Group
BBVA [NYSE: BBVA] is a customer-centric global financial services group founded in 1857. The Group is the largest financial institution in Spain and Mexico and it has leading franchises in South America and the Sunbelt Region of the United States; and it is also the leading shareholder in Garanti, Turkey's biggest bank for market capitalization. Its diversified business is focused on high-growth markets and it relies on technology as a key sustainable competitive advantage. Corporate responsibility is at the core of its business model. BBVA fosters financial education and inclusion, and supports scientific research and culture. It operates with the highest integrity, a long-term vision and applies the best practices. More information about BBVA Group can be found at bbva.com.
About BBVA Compass
BBVA Compass is a Sunbelt-based financial institution that operates 651 branches, including 337 in Texas, 89 in Alabama, 63 in Arizona, 61 in California, 45 in Florida, 38 in Colorado and 18 in New Mexico. BBVA Compass ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share and ranks among the largest banks in Alabama (2nd), Texas (4th) and Arizona (5th). BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the leading small business lenders by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and ranked 5th nationally in the total number of SBA loans originated in fiscal year 2016. Additional information about BBVA Compass can be found at www.bbvacompass.com. For more BBVA Compass news, follow @BBVACompassNews on Twitter or visit newsroom.bbvacompass.com.
SOURCE BBVA Compass