HOUSTON, July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- These days, fresh, clean water is a limited resource. As summer temperatures rise, homeowners should practice water conservation to protect the water supply and save money on utility bills. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), half of the water used outdoors by homeowners is wasted. Conservation habits should be practiced year-round, and in this weather, it's especially important to use water efficiently.
The trusted plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® have compiled a list of simple ways homeowners can help reduce water use in and around their home.
Outside of the home:
- Water the lawn and outdoor plants in the morning to help reduce evaporation.
- Place sprinklers strategically in your yard, so that they're not watering the driveway, sidewalk or street, instead of your grass.
- Consider installing a soaker hose or drip irrigation system to deliver water directly to the roots of plants where it's needed most.
Inside the home:
- Always run the dishwasher or washing machine with a full load of dishes or laundry.
- Replace home appliances and fixtures with water-efficient models. Look for appliances that have the WaterSense label. These products are designed to meet EPA's specifications for water efficiency and performance.
- Fix leaky faucets as soon as possible. Even a small drip for a few days will waste precious water.
If you have a plumbing problem that you feel is wasting water, or if you're looking for more ways to conserve water throughout the year, call your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is part of the Direct Energy family of brands, with independently owned and operated locations around the country. To find the location nearest you, visit www.benjaminfranklinplumbing.com or call 855-BEN-1776.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing®
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® is part of the Direct Energy family of brands and is currently ranked by Entrepreneur magazine as one of the leading plumbing franchises (Franchise 500, January 2017.) Our trusted plumbing professionals offer customers on-time plumbing services, replacement and repairs. Franchised Benjamin Franklin Plumbing locations are independently owned and operated businesses.
©2018 Clockwork IP, LLC
About Direct Energy
Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million customers. Direct Energy gives customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), an international energy and services company, Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 4 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
©2018 Clockwork IP, LLC
SOURCE Benjamin Franklin Plumbing