MASHPEE, Mass., May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, BedBug Central – the nation's most authoritative information resource concerning bed bugs – released the results of a four week long bed bug treatment study testing the efficaciousness of both Stop Bugging Me!™, and Stop Bugging Me!™ MAX – two brand new, revolutionary formulas created to end the global bed bug pandemic.
Jeffrey White, a Research Entomologist with BedBug Central tested both formulas - Stop Bugging Me!™ and industrial grade Stop Bugging Me!™ MAX. The independent testing protocol was conducted at BedBug Central's laboratory in Lawrenceville, New Jersey and data concluded:
- Stop Bugging Me!™, the first mass market product for at-home and commercial use created solely to kill on contact and repel bed bugs, and professional grade, EPA registered Stop Bugging Me!™ MAX, kill bed bugs on contact.
- Stop Bugging Me!™ MAX provided 100% bed bug knockdown and also demonstrated residual activity.
- Experimental observations suggested the Stop Bugging Me!™ formula may act as a natural bed bug repellent, and can help protect items such as luggage during travel.
Mom's First Line of Prevention, Last Line of Defense
Stacy DeBroff, parenting author and America's Most Trusted Mom, always keeps Stop Bugging Me!™ handy. As the owner of Mom Central, the nation's largest mom blogger network that builds strong, enduring relationships connecting brands to a testing panel of over 15,000 influential moms, she recently signed on as a lifestyle spokesperson and brand ambassador, touting the product's key benefits for moms and families.
"The next time you travel, pack Stop Bugging Me!™," says Stacy DeBroff. "It's a precautionary treatment, giving you and your family peace of mind that you are safe from the hassles and heavy costs associated with bed bug infestations. Spray the bed and drawers in your hotel room, and when you return home, spray your luggage as well. Along with sunscreen and mosquito repellent, Stop Bugging Me!™ should be on every summer camp and college dorm packing list. It's so easy, and just takes seconds to spray mattresses, sheets and backpacks to prevent an outbreak!"
With infestations on the rise on public transportation, Stacy also suggests spraying headrests before sitting down on train or airplane seats.
About Stop Bugging Me!™ MAX
- EPA registered, water-based insecticide that is highly efficacious in killing and preventing both crawling and flying insects on contact, including bed bugs.
- Independent laboratory proven industrial grade formula has a 90-day residual pest killing power.
- Greater than 99% chemical-free, as well as stain and odor-free.
- Available for commercial, industrial and residential use at www.StopBuggingMe.com and at American Hotel Registry in the following sizes: 32 oz Spray Bottle, 64 oz Spray Bottle, 1 Gallon Spray Bottle, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum. It can be purchased by calling 855.411.BUGS (2847) or contacting email@example.com.
About Stop Bugging Me!™
- An environmentally friendly, natural insecticide that is laboratory proven 100% effective in killing and repelling bed bugs and their eggs on contact.
- Designed to spray on bed bug prone and infested areas including mattresses, interior of night stands, dresser drawers, sofas, stuffed chairs, carpets, rugs, walls, cracks, crevices, luggage. Unlike toxic-based products, Stop Bugging Me!™ can be sprayed directly onto any detergent safe upholstery, including bedding, linens and clothing.
- 100% biodegradable and has a pleasant, botanical scent.
- Active and inert ingredients are FDA GRAS and USDA Bio preferred.
- Already been ordered by over 15,000 chain drug, mass retailer & grocery stores nationwide and is available at Bed Bath & Beyond, CVS, Walgreens, Duane Reade, www.BedBugCentral.com and www.StopBuggingMe.com.
- Available in a convenient, 3 oz travel-size spray bottle (safe for air travel) for the suggested retail price of $7.99 and a 12 oz spray bottle for the retail price of $19.99.
About BedBug Central:
BedBug Central serves as the nation's most authoritative information resource and website available to the public for information concerning bed bugs and bed bug related issues concerning health, prevention, and treatment methods. More information can be obtained at www.bedbugcentral.com.
Rocasuba is a manufacturer of health and beauty-care products, including Stop Bugging Me!™ and Rapid Lash®. A privately held company, Rocasuba prides itself on bringing heroic products to consumers for life's inconveniences. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in Mashpee, M.A.
All bugs for this experiment will be adult, field-strain bed bugs and attained from a bed bug rearing facility and should be fed within 7-10 days prior to starting the experiment. Adult bed bugs have been documented to be the most durable, mobile life-stage and without testing each life stage separately, it will be assumed that the results of this test will be consistent for all stages (excluding eggs). Freshly fed bed bugs will assure bug health and that their overall health will mimic bed bugs collected in bed bug infested homes.
This test was conducted by BedBug Central's Jeffrey White, Research Entomologist, M.S. between March 1 – 31, 2011 among 925 adult bed bugs attained from a bed bug rearing facility. For a full methodology, please contact Lippe Taylor.