CHAPEL HILL, N.C., June 11 /PRNewswire/ -- The bio-pharma mega-mergers that grabbed headlines last year - Roche + Genentech, Pfizer + Wyeth, and Merck + Schering-Plough - are now in the critical post-integration period and the acquiring companies are finding out how well they planned and executed their integration plans.
It is too early for final verdicts, but clearly one M&A issue that continues to create problems for the industry is integration of corporate cultures. Experienced integration leaders develop specific processes and approaches to assess the culture of M&A targets and then continuously assess and monitor to ensure the cultures integrate along with operations.
A recent Best Practices, LLC study found that while corporate culture was rated as a highly important risk-assessment factor for a successful integration, cultural assessments were rated as a less effective pre-integration planning activity due to accuracy.
Understanding and managing cultural issues is just one of the topics addressed in the 107-page report entitled M&A Integration Excellence: What Bio-Pharma Companies Need to Know (http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr1003.htm).
This report utilizes a litany of benchmark metrics and executive insights gathered from industry surveys and interviews with bio-pharma executives to assess current trends and future directions of activity. The study featured participation from 26 organizations, including such influential companies as Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Johnson & Johnson and Abbott.
Key topic areas in the research include:
- Structure for Integration
- Pre-Integration Planning Activities
- Integration Risk Management
- Integration Functional Excellence
- Communications Excellence
- Understanding & Managing Cultural Issues
- Post-Deal Closure Integration Activities
- Trends in M&A Integration
The pace of merger and acquisition activity in the bio-pharma sector remains steady as organizations continue to seek external opportunities to grow their pipelines. This data-rich report addresses key M&A issues and identifies proven practices and key success factors in the M&A integration process among pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Key questions this study addresses include:
- What are the keys to successful M&A integration planning?
- What structure, processes and best practices lead to M&A integration excellence?
- What are the key risk factors to assess and manage in the M&A integration process?
- How is success of the M&A integration function best measured and represented?
- What are the critical success factors and pitfalls in the integration process?
To download a complimentary study excerpt, or to view a sample of key topics and study findings, go to: http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr1003.htm.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC serves 48 of the world's 50 top pharmaceutical companies. For 17 years, we have conducted work based on the simple yet profound principle that organizations can chart a course to superior economic performance by studying the best business practices, operating tactics and winning strategies of world-class companies.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC