DUBLIN, Feb. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Beryllium Market Analysis By Application (Industrial, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, Defense, Telecommunications, Energy, Medical), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global beryllium market is expected to reach USD 80.7 million by 2025
The rising consumption of beryllium owing to its superior physical and mechanical properties is expected to drive growth.
Increasing penetration of the metal in aerospace and defense sector is expected to drive the product demand. Aerospace industry consumes around 15% of the overall beryllium that is produced due to the superior properties exhibited by the product including high stiffness and thermal & electrical conductivity.
Beryllium and its alloys are used to effectively manufacture functioning products that cater to a wide range of end-use industries such as aerospace, energy, automotive, medical, electronics, and defense. The growing defense industry in economies such as China, Japan, and India owing to high investments is expected to drive growth in the region.
The U.S. is a major consumer of the metal. The Department of Defense, U.S., has recognized high-purity beryllium as a critical material for the manufacturing of aerospace and defense components, owing to which, the product is stockpiled for defense-related applications in the event of national emergency. This is expected to lower the availability of the product for other applications including oil & gas and industrial components.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Aerospace & Defense is the major application segment of beryllium & its alloys. It is expected to denote a CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period due to the rise in defense-related expenditure, especially in countries such as the U.S., China, and India
- Industrial segment dominated the market from 2014 to 2016; however, the market is expected to witness gradual decline owing to the increasing use of substitutes in the manufacturing of industrial components
- North America accounted for over 90% of the overall consumption in 2016 owing to the rising consumption of industrial components in consumer electronics and defense sectors
- Asia Pacific market is likely to witness fastest growth of 1.2% over the forecast period with Japan estimated to account for the highest consumption due to the rising use of industrial and consumer electronics and increasing defense spending
- Materion Corporation is the major producer of the metal and exhibits a competitive edge over its counterparts owing to the magnitude of its production volume and extensive distribution channels
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3 List of Data Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market snapshot
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Beryllium - Market segmentation & scope
3.2 Beryllium - Value chain analysis
3.3 Legislative framework
3.4 Beryllium - Market dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
126.96.36.199 High demand in aerospace and defense industry
188.8.131.52 Superior properties of beryllium
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
184.108.40.206 High cost
220.127.116.11 Presence of substitutes
3.5 Key market opportunities - Prioritized
3.6 Beryllium market - PESTEL analysis
3.7 Industry analysis - Porter's
3.8 Production Statistics, 2013 - 2016
Chapter 4 Beryllium Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Beryllium market: Application movement analysis, 2016 & 2025
4.3 Consumer Electronics
4.4 Automotive Electronics
Chapter 5 Beryllium Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Competitive Landscape
6.2 Vendor Landscape
6.3 Competitive Environment
6.4 Competitive Market Positioning
6.5 Market participation categorization
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Materion Corporation
- Texas Mineral Resources Corp.
- American Beryllia Inc.
- IBC Advanced Alloys
- Ningxia Orient Tantalum Industry Co. Ltd.
- Belmont Metals Inc.
- Hunan Shuikoushan Nonferrous Metals Group Co. Ltd.
- American Elements
- NGK BERYLCO
- AMG Advanced Metallurgy Group
- Xinjiang Xinxin Mining Industry Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vr2phx/beryllium_market?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets