Bio-Europe 2014 Cancer Drug Pipeline Update 2015
Jun 23, 2015, 05:37 ET
LONDON, June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- BIO-Europe 2014 (3rd to 5th November) is Europe's largest biotech partnering conference and is of huge significance for the oncology industry. In fact, BioSeeker Group can reveal that companies participating at this years event are responsible for slightly more than 40% of the global oncology pipeline under active development.
To reflect this importance, the analyst team at BioSeeker Group have identified 264 participating companies plus partners who are today actively developing 1572 cancer drugs in 4673 developmental projects in cancer across 625 different targets. In addition, there are 20 suspended drugs and another 784 drugs where development has been ceased.
We are pleased to introduce the BIO-Europe 2014 Cancer Drug Pipeline Update: For busy executives within Pharma, Biotech and Investment companies who know they need to stay on top of the developmental environment in their field.
You get detailed, world-wide drug pipeline information, delivered in an unbiased and independent pipeline progress analysis for each identified drug.
Whether or not you are attending BIO-Europe 2014, you can get long term benefits from the BIO-Europe 2014 Cancer Drug Pipeline Update:
Access the conference's entire oncology portfolio and identify the companies and drugs of most value to you
Our analyst team has grouped the participants together and made their entire oncology portfolios accessible. Understand the competitive position of the participating companies, the strengths and weaknesses of their pipeline, their partnering opportunities and their recent successes and failures. Use our human analyst curated tool as an independent source of information to benchmark your position with these companies.
Our detailed filter settings allow you to further limit your results to indications, stages, targets, mechanisms etc. that are of most interest to you, making it easy to find what you are looking for.
Keep adding value long after the conference ends
Long after the conference ends, you will be able to continue following the development of the companies and technologies of interest to you and your business. BIO-Europe 2014 Cancer Drug Pipeline Update comes powered with 1 year of free online updates, allowing you to keep a competitive edge throughout BioEurope and going forward.
There are today 292 companies plus partners developing 1381 BIO-Europe 2014 cancer drugs in 4487 developmental projects in cancer. In addition, there are 18 suspended drugs and the accumulated number of ceased drugs over the last years amount to another 880 drugs. Bio-Europe 2014 Cancer Drug Pipeline Update lists all drugs and gives you a progress analysis on each one of them. Identified drugs are linked to 629 different targets. All included targets have been cross-referenced for the presence of mutations associated with human cancer. To date 583 out of the 591 studied drug targets so far have been recorded with somatic mutations. The software application lets you narrow in on these mutations and links out to the mutational analysis for each of the drug targets for detailed information. All drugs targets are further categorized on in the software application by 86 classifications of molecular function and with pathway referrals to BioCarta, KEGG, NCI-Nature and NetPath.
How May Drug Pipeline Update Be of Use?
* Show investors/board/management that you are right on top of drug development progress in your therapeutic area. * Find competitors, collaborations partners, M&A candidates etc. * Jump start competitive drug intelligence operations * Excellent starting point for world wide benchmarking * Compare portfolio and therapy focus with your peers * Speed up pro-active in-/out licensing strategy work * Fast and easy way of tracking drugs using search engines; just one click from inside the application and you may search the World Wide Web and PubMed for any drug. Drug Pipeline Update is delivered to you as a downloadable application, which requires no installation on your computer. Please read more about application features and system requirements below.
Drug Pipeline Update at a Glance
Includes more than 292 principal companies plus their collaborators. There is direct access from inside the application to web pages of all principal companies.
Note: You are able to sort and find drugs according to companies and partners from drop-down menus in the application. You may also sort and find drugs according to country of companies.
Drug name & Synonyms
Lists commercial, generic and code names for drugs.
This Drug Pipeline Update contains 1381 BIO-Europe 2014 cancer drugs in development, which have a total of 4487 developmental projects in cancer. In addition there are suspended and ceased drugs.
Pipeline Breakdown According to Number of Drugs
Phase III# 148
Phase II# 421
Phase I# 510
No Data# 31
Note: You are able to sort and find drugs according to developmental stage from drop-down menu in the application.
Included BIO-Europe 2014 cancer drugs are also in development for 401 other indications, where of 189 are different cancer indications.
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to type of indication from drop-down menu in the application.
All targets are cross-referenced with the Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer (COSMIC). It is designed to store and display somatic mutation information and related details and contains information relating to human cancers. To date 583 out of the 591 studied drug targets so far have been recorded with somatic mutations and the software application lets you narrow in on these mutations and links out to the mutational analysis for each of the drug targets for detailed information.
The identity of available biological structures on 389 drug targets was retrieved from the RCSB Protein Databank for you to easily review the 5812 structures available today among drug targets.
Identified drugs are linked to more than 629 different targets, divided into 86 classifications of molecular function:
- Acid phosphatase activity
- Antigen binding
- ATPase activity
- Auxiliary transport protein activity
- B cell receptor activity
- Carboxy-lyase activity
- Carboxypeptidase activity
- Caspase activator activity
- Catalytic activity
- Cell adhesion molecule activity
- Chaperone activity
- Chemokine activity
- Chromatin binding
- Cofactor binding
- Complement activity
- Cysteine-type peptidase activity
- Cytokine activity
- Cytoskeletal protein binding
- Deacetylase activity
- Deaminase activity
- Defense/immunity protein activity
- DNA binding
- DNA repair protein
- DNA topoisomerase activity
- DNA-directed DNA polymerase activity
- DNA-methyltransferase activity
- Extracellular ligand-gated ion channel activity
- Extracellular matrix structural constituent
- G-protein coupled receptor activity
- Growth factor activity
- GTPase activity
- Guanylate cyclase activity
- Heat shock protein activity
- Hormone activity
- Hydrolase activity
- Intracellular ligand-gated ion channel activity
- Ion channel activity
- Isomerase activity
- Kinase activity
- Kinase binding
- Kinase regulator activity
- Ligand-dependent nuclear receptor activity
- Ligase activity
- Lipase activity
- Lipid kinase activity
- Lipid phosphatase activity
- Metallopeptidase activity
- MHC class I receptor activity
- Molecular function unknown
- Motor activity
- Oxidoreductase activity
- Peptidase activity
- Peptide hormone
- Peroxidase activity
- Phosphoric diester hydrolase activity
- Protein binding
- Protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- Protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- Protein threonine/tyrosine kinase activity
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase activity
- Protein tyrosine/serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- Protein-tyrosine kinase activity
- Receptor activity
- Receptor binding
- Receptor signaling complex scaffold activity
- Receptor signaling protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- RNA binding
- RNA methyltransferase activity
- RNA-directed DNA polymerase activity
- Serine-type peptidase activity
- Signal transducer activity
- Structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- Structural molecule activity
- Sugar-phosphatase activity
- T cell receptor activity
- T cell receptor binding
- Transcription factor activity
- Transcription regulator activity
- Transferase activity
- Translation regulator activity
- Transmembrane receptor activity
- Transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activity
- Transporter activity
- Ubiquitin-specific protease activity
- Voltage-gated ion channel activity
Identified targets are categorized into 43 different primary and alternate sub-cellular localizations:
- Basolateral membrane
- Cell junction
- Cell surface
- Clathrin-coated vesicle
- Cytoplasmic vesicle
- Early endosome
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- Extracellular matrix
- Focal adhesion
- Golgi apparatus
- Golgi membrane
- Immunological synapse
- Integral to membrane
- Late endosome
- Membrane fraction
- Mitochondrial intermembrane space
- Mitochondrial membrane
- Nuclear membrane
- Perinuclear region
- Perinuclear vesicle
- Plasma membrane
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum
- Secretory granule
- Secretory vesicle
- Zymogen granule
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to target gene name, protein name, molecular function of target, target localization, presence of mutations and availability of biological structures of target from drop-down menus in the application.
Target Expression Profile
Direct links are provided from inside the application to 800 protein expression profiles of 511 drug targets in various human tissues and cancer types, cell lines and primary cells, including up to:
- 48 different normal tissue types
- 20 different types of cancer
- 47 cell lines
- 12 samples of primary blood cells
Identified targets have been cross referenced against their involvement in different cellular pathways, according to BioCarta, KEGG, NCI-Nature and NetPath.
- BioCarta# 273 Pathways
- KEGG# 217 Pathways
- NCI-Nature# 263 Pathways
- NetPath# 32 Pathways
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to targeted pathways from drop-down menus in the application.
In total there are different drug mechanism of action represented in this Drug Pipeline Update.
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to mechanism of action from drop-down menu in the application.
Identified drug compounds are described by:
Compound type, Chemical name, CAS Number and molecular weight
Note: You are able to sort and find drugs according to compound type from drop-down menu in the application.
Progress analysis and review of drug development. A typical drug profile reports on, depending on stage of development and available information:
Drug Name & Synonyms
Presentation of drug name and synonyms
Principal Company & Partners
Presentation of principal company and partners
Target and Molecular Function of Target
Described target(s) is/are presented with:
Official Gene Symbol – Chromosome Location – Gene & Protein Name – Molecular Function
Described target(s) is/are presented with primary and alternate localizations.
Target Expression Profiles
Links to protein expression profile(s) of target(s) in various human tissues, cell lines and primary cells, including up to:
48 different normal tissue types
20 different types of cancer
47 cell lines
12 samples of primary blood cells
All targets are cross-referenced with the Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer (COSMIC). It is designed to store and display somatic mutation information and related details and contains information relating to human cancers.
The identity of available biological structures on drug targets was retrieved from the RCSB Protein Databank for you to easily review what available structures of drug targets exist.
Described target(s) is/are matched for the involvement in cellular pathways according to BioCarta, KEGG, NCI-Nature and NetPath.
Drug mechanism of action
Summary field of developmental projects for the drug, including indication, developmental stage and status.
Cancer, myeloma – Phase II Clinical Trial – Active
Cancer, prostate – Phase III Clinical Trial – Ceased
Short introduction to drug
Compound type, Chemical name, CAS Number and molecular weight
Available patent information related to the drug is presented here.
Fillings and Approvals
Approvals and submissions
Deals & Licensing
Collaborations and deals
Availability for licensing
Phase IV Data
Available Phase IV development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase III Data
Available Phase III development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase II Data
Available Phase II development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase I Data
Available Phase I development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase 0 Data
Available Phase 0 development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Available preclinical development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Available discovery development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Search, Find and Filter Panel with Initial Result Presentation
With this panel you can define your selectivity in each drug search with up to 24 different drug specific parameters. Each parameter has multi-select options to them and can be used as either an inclusion parameter or exclusion parameter.
The initial result table is a dynamic sortable table which gives you a fast overview of found results and can be narrowed down further by your own additional keywords.
Direct linkage from inside the application to related internet resources
- Drug data is linked to search engines like Google and PubMed
- Drug target data is linked directly to BioCarta, Human Protein Atlas, KEGG, NCI-Nature, NetPath etc.
- Direct links to company web pages of companies
Dynamic Report Generator
Our dynamic report generator lets you with ease and speed generate html reports directly in your web browser (Internet Explorer and FireFox), whether it is a single drug profile or an entire search you want have a report of.
- Operating system: Windows (2000/XP/Vista/7/8) for Mac Users the service is only available online
- Browser Application (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Internet access (to access related internet resources)
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2609621/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
Share this article