NEW YORK, Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
http://www.reportlinker.com/p0591346/ Biochips-Genosensors-Microarrays-Labs-On-The-Chip .html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=In_Vitro_Diagnostic
Biochips, DNA Chips, Genosensors, Microarrays and Labs-on-the-Chip are extensions of biosensor and DNA technologies. They are increasingly used for:
- Mapping DNA clones in large genomic libraries
- Sequencing stretches of DNA greater than a thousand bases per chip
- Diagnosing infectious diseases, cancers, and genetic disorders
- Tissue typing, paternity testing, and fingerprinting applications
- Technical, manufacturing, quality control and cost issues continue to complicate their routine use.
The report also discusses diagnostic value of biochips, which may not be realized until genetic predisposition to heart disease, cancer, diabetes and several other conditions has been reliably established.
The sequencing chips present an attractive business opportunity, and an enabling technology for broad-based genetic testing.
Contains 15 pages
Table of Contents
Liquid Transportation and Mixing
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626