SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Next week, December 2-3, BIOMEDevice San Jose and Designers of Things (DoT) co-located events covering the latest in Medtech innovation, Wearable Tech, 3D Printing and the Internet of Things, will draw more than 3,000 design industry professionals to the San Jose Convention Center. The events' combined show floor will host more than 300 exhibitors showcasing their latest technologies.
BIOMEDevice features suppliers in medical device design, engineering, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly, and packaging, while Designers of Things exhibitors boast the latest in wearable tech and 3D printing. In addition to unique networking opportunities, the Expo will host various other activities and educational opportunities in dedicated areas of the show floor, including Center Stage and the Innovation Zone.
Center Stage (Booth 621):
Center Stage is a special theater hosting lively complimentary presentations, product teardowns, and prize giveaways.
- The Genius Bar at Center Stage will feature industry experts available to answer questions and share knowledge related to the rapidly-growing wearables industry.
- Free presentations will detail 3D Printing as an Interface for the Human Body and showcase an incredible 3D-printed leg cast developed with IoT.
- Marcus Kincaid, Applications Engineer with Nordson Medical will host, Do You Science?, a fun trivia game aimed at testing participants' knowledge .
- Attendees can make new connections with like-minded professionals at the Speed Networking event. Participants will be matched with their most relevant buyers and suppliers for 10 minute speed meetings.
- The IPSO IoT Pavilion will hold live demonstrations of innovative prototypes highlighting real world applications of the Internet Protocol (IP) in the Internet of Things. Winners of the IPSO People's Choice Awards will be honored on Thursday, December 3 at 2:00 p.m. at Center Stage.
Innovation Zone (Back of aisle 1300)
This area will house the latest medtech devices that have either just hit the market or are still in development. The Innovation Zone is the place to demo new wearables, healthcare apps, sensor technology and more exciting innovations. Technology on display will include:
- A newly developed exoskeleton for pediatric physical therapy patients
- Wearable technology for noninvasive monitoring and analysis of blood composition
- Light guide systems for virtual reality in medical manufacturing
- Haddington Dynamics' advanced robot with supercomputer brain and force-feedback for delicate and sophisticated applications
To view the entire Designers of Things schedule, please visit: designersofthings.com/sanjose/scheduler/list
To view the BIOMEDevice schedule, please visit: biomedevicesj.mddionline.com/conferences
Follow DoT online:
- Blog: blog.designersofthings.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/designersofthings
- Twitter: twitter.com/dothingscon
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=6551025
About Designers of Things
Designers of Things is a new conference produced by UBM that is dedicated to the revolutionary potential of Wearable Tech, 3D Printing and the Internet of Things (IoT), the business strategies and inventive people behind these technologies, and how they can successfully accelerate innovation to take their inspirations to the next level. Through in-depth educational programs, ground breaking technology demonstrations and unmatched networking opportunities, Designers of Things offers one of the most comprehensive and impactful meeting places for the technology design and development communities in the world. The event will run alongside BIOMEDevice San Jose (http://biomedevicesj.mddionline.com/) an event focused on the emerging trends in medical device design. For more information, follow us on Twitter at @DoThingsCon
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets.
SOURCE BIOMEDevice; Designers of Things