LAKE OSWEGO, Ore., May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- BIOTRONIK today announced the availability of the first FDA approved cardiac rhythm management (CRM) devices with technology that automatically recognizes when a patient enters an MRI environment. MRI AutoDetect is another example of BIOTRONIK's commitment to helping physicians and hospitals care for patients beyond the implant.
BIOTRONIK's MRI AutoDetect technology ensures patients with CRM devices can safely undergo MRI scans while minimizing programming burdens for hospitals. Once activated by a physician, MRI AutoDetect can automatically recognize when the patient enters an MRI environment and convert the device to MRI mode. When the scan is complete, MRI AutoDetect automatically returns the device to its permanent program. Physicians can program MRI AutoDetect to be active for up to 14 days, allowing patients unprecedented flexibility to undergo, reschedule or repeat MRI scans as needed during the set timeframe. MRI AutoDetect is currently available on BIOTRONIK's newest line of CRM devices, including the Ilivia series for tachycardia.
BIOTRONIK is committed to encouraging discussions about the patient care continuum and will highlight proven CRM solutions at the Heart Rhythm Society's 38th Annual Scientific Sessions on May 10-13 in Chicago (booth #820).
"At BIOTRONIK we know that physicians need trusted solutions that they can use with confidence. Because confidence provides peace of mind so physicians can focus on what is truly most important—patient care," said Marlou Janssen, President of BIOTRONIK, Inc. "Patient care isn't about one day, it's about every single day. We must continue striving—as caregivers, as committed researchers, as industry partners—to provide care that extends beyond the implant. MRI AutoDetect is another example of innovative technology from BIOTRONIK that instills confidence and provides peace of mind for patients and caregivers."
Attendees at the Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions are invited to engage in the #CareBeyond discussion by participating in the following events:
- Visit BIOTRONIK's booth (#820) to learn about medical technology that improves efficiency and cardiac patient outcomes beyond implantation. BIOTRONIK is highlighting MRI AutoDetect technology, 360° CRT solutions, BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®, cardiac diagnostics, DX and ProMRI®.
- Attend the Electrophysiologists International Community (EPIC) Alliance welcome reception, sponsored by BIOTRONIK, on May 10 from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel. Founded in 2010, the EPIC Alliance is a global network for female electrophysiologists.
- Learn about the company's response to global CRM treatment challenges from BIOTRONIK, Inc. President Marlou Janssen during Scientific Session "Too Many Go Without: Combatting the Global Challenge of Inadequate Access to Cardiac Rhythm Management Devices & Treatment" on May 11 from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. (C-EP02).
- Visit poster presentations:
- "A randomized comparison of economic and clinical effects of automatic remote MONITORing versus control in patients with ICDs: The MONITOR-ICD study," May 12, 1:30-1:45 p.m. (C-AB24-01)
- "Predicting Appropriate ICD Therapy with Real-Time Home Monitoring in the IMPACT Trial," May 12, 2-5 p.m. (C-PO05-33)
- "Early Experience of the Sentus OTW Quadripolar LV Lead Confirms Safety and Performance," May 13, 9:30 a.m.-noon (C-PO06-30)
- Share thoughts and pictures on Twitter using the hashtag #CareBeyond discussing the importance of extending care beyond the implant and what that means to physicians, hospitals and patients.
A global leader in cardio- and endovascular medical technology, BIOTRONIK is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and represented in over 100 countries. Several million patients have received BIOTRONIK implants designed to save and improve the quality of their lives, or have been treated with BIOTRONIK coronary and peripheral vascular intervention products. Since its development of the first German pacemaker in 1963, BIOTRONIK has engineered many innovations, including Magmaris*, the first clinically-proven resorbable magnesium scaffold; BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®; Pulsar-18, the world's first 4 F compatible stent for treating long lesions; Orsiro**, the industry's first hybrid drug-eluting stent; and the world's first implantable cardioverter defibrillators and heart failure therapy devices with ProMRI® technology.
* Not currently available in the United States.
** CAUTION – Investigational device. Limited by United States law to investigational use.
For more information, visit: www.biotronikusa.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biotronik-launches-first-fda-approved-crm-devices-with-mri-autodetect-technology-300453322.html