RENO, Nev., July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackRidge Technology, the game changing network and cyber security company, announced the availability of new identity integration, automation, and platform scalability enhancements. BlackRidge changes the protection game by authenticating identity and applying security policy before a network connection is established, with our patented First Packet Authentication technology. The BlackRidge solution removes visibility of resources (servers and networks are "cloaked") from unauthorized users, while stopping unknown attacks and breaches from occurring, and protecting against insider threats with real-time attribution.
Key new BlackRidge product features and benefits include:
- Dynamic identity integration – supports existing identity infrastructure including Microsoft Active Directory, RADIUS, and LDAP systems
- Automated policy deployment - securely distributes identity and configuration information, eliminating cumbersome manual procedures to make provisioning easier and more secure while reducing the administrative IT workload
- Identity-based network segmentation – dynamically stops attacks, reduces insider and 3rd party risk, and supports regulatory compliance
- New virtual and physical appliance options – high performance 10GbE platforms with industry's highest throughput and lowest latency network security, and a low cost branch gateway for flexible remote deployment
- Ciena Agility Matrix integration – Virtual Network Function (VNF) on KVM for flexible and low cost deployment in cloud-based SDN/NFV environments
Initial BlackRidge deployments include segmenting internal networks and protecting network management and control systems. IT management networks and systems are the foundation upon which business systems are built and they need to be further protected from cyber-attacks and insider threats, including privileged account and 3rd party risks.
BlackRidge Technology also expanded its senior management team by appointing Tony Sager as head of product engineering. Tony joined BlackRidge Technology as the Commercial CTO in 2014, bringing extensive communications, networking and virtualization experience as a product development executive and CTO, including over 30 years with IBM and 3 years at Brocade.
"I am thrilled to be leading and expanding the BlackRidge engineering team to develop a new level of enterprise cyber security protection," said Tony Sager, Senior Vice President Engineering and CTO Commercial Markets. "Our products provide a breakthrough in network and cyber security protection that can be scaled from the endpoint to the servers and applications where business critical information resides."
To demonstrate protection against a number of threats and attacks and to develop advanced cybersecurity capabilities, BlackRidge has partnered with Marist College. "Our cybersecurity research partnership with BlackRidge Technology continues to expand in scope, including our live attack analysis that shows that you can't attack what you can't see," said Bill Thirsk, Vice President of Information Technology and CIO at Marist College. "We are excited to collaborate on new BlackRidge software releases to provide our expertise in cloud-based computing using IBM z Systems, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and online training."
Engage with BlackRidge Technology on the web for our latest news and information at:
About BlackRidge Technology
BlackRidge Technology provides game changing, cyber and network security that was developed for the military to cloak and protect servers and segment networks. Our Transport Access Control authenticates identity and applies policy on the First Packet of network sessions. This provides a new level of real-time security protection that blocks or redirects unauthorized and unidentified traffic to stop known and unknown cyber-attacks, and protect against insider and third party threats with policy-based network segmentation and access control to applications and services. BlackRidge Technology was founded in 2010 to commercialize its military grade and patented identity-based network security technology. For more information, visit www.blackridge.us.
SOURCE BlackRidge Technology