LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Jan. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Premiering at HIMSS17, IEEE Computer Society's Blockchain in Healthcare, a Rock Stars of Technology Event , co-hosted with the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHAlliance), will provide healthcare business and IT professionals the knowledge they need now to protect and secure data, electronic health records, connected devices, and health information exchanges with new blockchain technologies.
Blockchain in Healthcare, one of the most controversial technologies of 2017, promises to address security and data integrity issues of the increasing volume of patient data managed by doctors, hospitals and insurance companies.
This one-day event will take place on February 22 at the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, featuring a lineup of blockchain in healthcare leading experts, along with opportunities for problem-solving, collaboration, and networking. Key topics will include:
- Blockchain Use-Cases and Opportunities in Healthcare
- Advancing Progress Towards a Safe and Secure Nationwide System of Interoperable Health IT
- Blockchain and Its Practical Use-Cases in Healthcare
- Blockchains: Revealing the Hidden Cost of Trust
- Computing the Contract: Why Smart Contracts are the Asset
- Defining a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) with Blockchain in Healthcare: Challenge and Opportunities
The lineup of blockchain in healthcare innovators sharing their knowledge will include:
- John Mattison MD, Sr.Vice President and Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Dr. Jon White, Deputy National Coordinator for Health IT, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- Steven Posnack, Director, Office of Standards & Technology, HHS, ONC
- Kenneth Bradberry, CPHIMS, Chief Technology Officer, Xerox Commercial Healthcare
- Abbie Barbir, Sr. Security Advisor, Aetna
- Ted Tanner, Jr, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Pokitdok
- Micah Windelspecht, Founder & CEO, Gem
For a limited time, attendees can take advantage of Early Registration and save more than $75 off full price. Register now to secure your spot and gain access to the industry leader's exclusive insights.
The 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, Feb 19-23, 2017 in Orlando, brings together 40,000+ health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world. Exceptional education, world-class speakers, cutting-edge health IT products and powerful networking are hallmarks of this industry-leading conference. More than 300 education programs feature keynotes, thought leader sessions, roundtable discussions and workshops, plus a full day of preconference symposia.
About the Personal Connected Health Alliance
The Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHAlliance) is a non-profit organization formed by HIMSS, working to make health and wellness an effortless part of daily life. PCHAlliance is collaborating with industry, healthcare, public policy, research and advocacy groups to convene the global personal connected health community, and to accelerate the technical, business, policy and social initiatives necessary to advance the field. PCHAlliance hosts the annual Connected Health Conference, an international forum and expo for networking and showcasing advancements in research, innovations and opportunities in personal connected health. PCHAlliance is home to Continua, which publishes the annual Continua Design Guidelines, recognized as the international standard for user friendly end-to-end interoperability of personal connected health devices and systems.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society, the computing industry's unmatched source for technology information and career development, offers a comprehensive array of industry-recognized products, services and professional opportunities. Known as the community for technology leaders, IEEE Computer Society's vast resources include membership, publications, a renowned digital library, training programs, conferences, and top-trending technology events. Visit www.computer.org for more information on all products and services.
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society