NEW YORK, July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BlogWorld & New Media Expo, the world's largest new media conference and tradeshow, concluded its second annual Eastern U.S. event, and sixth overall, with resounding success. BlogWorld, which co-located with Book Expo America at the Jacob Javits Center June 5-7, broke its previous East Coast event attendance record, hosting more than 1,800 attendees, in addition to thousands of Book Expo registrants and over 375 online attendees via the BlogWorld Virtual Ticket.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo co-founders Rick Calvert and Dave Cynkin announced that the event name is changing to New Media Expo (NMX) to better represent the entire industry and reflect its core attendees -- online content creators. While new media started with blogging, the industry has clearly defined itself and now embodies blogging, podcasting and Web TV.
Highlights from BlogWorld 2012 New York include:
- Record-breaking attendance of more than 1,800 people, from 38 different countries including Australia, China, India, Japan, Singapore and Qatar.
- The event's official Twitter Hashtag, #BWENY, generated 102 million impressions over the course of the three-day show.
- Dozens of exhibitors launched cutting edge products, platforms, Internet technologies and revealed exclusive study results, including: COMMUN.IT, IZEA INC., OVERBLOG, RAWPORTER, SIMUL-TV and SPREDFAST.
- Web TV and video stars entertained during the "New Media LIVE!" talk show-style closing keynote, hosted by Mark Malkoff, a comedian and filmmaker from My Damn Channel. Guests included Jennifer Lawson, The Blogess; David Thorne, author and owner of 27bslash6; Matt Sloan, director of Blame Society and voice of Chad Vader and Aaron Yonda, director and man behind the mask of Chad Vader. Also joining the closing keynote was Daria Musk, singer-songwriter and visionary behind the first Google+ Hangout Concerts. She sang and performed "You Move Me," her instant worldwide hit to the New Media LIVE! audience.
- BlogWorld featured more than 200 speakers and 130 educational sessions about content creation that focused on Bogging, Podcasting and Web TV.
- Social media professionals from AOL, Benjamin Moore, Billboard, ESPN, MasterCard Worldwide, McDonald's and Sony Electronics led sessions in the Social Media Business Summit, an exclusive three-day conference for business owners and marketing and public relations professionals.
- Keynote speakers included: Chris Brogan, President, Human Business Works; Deanna Brown, CEO, Federated Media; Gary Hoover, Entrepreneur, Founder of Hooversworld; Paul Kontonis, Chairman and Founding Member of the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV); and Robert Scoble, Blogger, Tech Evangelist and Author.
New Media Expo (NMX) will be held January 6-8, 2013 at the Rio Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The new location and dates coincide with two more industry-related shows taking place in Las Vegas in early January. The last day of New Media Expo on January 8, coincides with the International CES, and the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) Awards show. The official Twitter hashtag of New Media Expo is #NMX.
BlogWorld's 2012 Virtual Ticket, the largest social media conference library ever recorded, is available for purchase online. The virtual ticket includes audio and video recordings of more than 100 sessions, keynote presentations, and access to exclusive interviews and extras.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo was sponsored by .ME, Stitcher Radio, Social Chorus, WordPress, Overblog, Stickam, Simul TV, Social Moms, SEOMoz, Engagio, Mobile Roadie, SAG/AFTRA, Mobile Libris, Social Radius, YouSayToo, GeekBeatTV, MyDamnChannel, PR Newswire, NewTek, TechZulu and more.
About New Media Expo (NMX)
New Media Expo (NMX) is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees representing 50 countries learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and leading-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Web TV content creators, Social Influencers, New Media Pros and Online Journalists. In the New Media Expo, attendees converge on the only comprehensive new media tradeshow to network, find solutions and make important new media strategy, service and product purchase decisions.
Social Media Business Summit, presented exclusively at NMX is the world's premier social media business conference for business owners, marketing executives and online entrepreneurs. Attendees learn how to effectively use social media to reach new customers, build communities around their brands and grow their businesses online with best strategies and social media practices.
For upcoming event info and announcements, subscribe to e-news at www.nmxlive.com and get the latest new media industry news at www.blogworld.com. Follow New Media Expo on Twitter at www.twitter.com/blogworld and www.twitter.com/blogworldexpo.