LONDON, Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report analyzes the current status of the global therapeutic market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technologies, including its growth potential, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are also discussed. This report offers an outlook of the technology's potential that is on the verge of rapid increase.
Use this report to:
- Determine the current status of the global therapeutic market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technologies, including its growth potential over a five-year period from 2014
- Receive information about the key drivers and key challenges involved in BBB technologies.
- Receive information about the promising CNS drugs that are in the later stage of the development pipeline for potential use with BBB technology.
- Learn about key BBB technology patents.
- The global market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technology for therapeutics reached $21.8 million in 2013. This market is expected to grow from $38.7 million in 2014 to $471.5 million in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 64.9% from 2014 through 2019.
- Receptor mediated transport is the largest segment of the global BBB market and is projected to increase from about $38.7 million in 2014 to $456 million by 2019, with a CAGR of 63.8% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- Carrier-mediated transport (CMT) is an emerging technology that is expected to reach $15.5 million by 2019.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
BCC Research's goal in conducting this study was to determine the current status of the global therapeutic market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technologies, including its
growth potential over a five-year period from 2014 through 2019. Our key objective was to present a comprehensive analysis of the current BBB technology and drug
development market and its future direction, with the aim to first define and classify that technology as it pertains to therapeutics in which the technology enables the
therapeutic to directly cross rather than bypass the BBB.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
BBB technologies are poised to open up a vast untapped potential in the growing central nervous system therapeutic market, where today growth is limited by the
complexity of this layer in the brain that prevents the passage of many potentially useful molecules/compounds. This report offers an outlook of the technology's potential that is on the verge of rapid increase. Therapeutics make up the main area of investment related to this technology — and the main focus of this report. BCC Research has not yet examined the BBB, although the central nervous system has been a consistent focus. As such, this snapshot and study of trending and growth is unique.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses companies that develop technologies to enable the crossing of the BBB and drug development, in which a quality of the development
is enabling the crossing of the BBB, where passage was previously impossible often due to size. BCC Research analyzes each technology, determines its current market
status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are discussed.
In the report, the various BBB technologies are defined and given their history in medicine. The report also looks at the types and technology categories, major companies, impact on the pharmaceutical market, applications, current market values, growth potential and significant trends. This study will be of interest to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and related life sciences, analytics, drug discovery, and diagnostic test manufacturing companies, as well as all those interested or actively working in drug and imaging agent research and investors in all of the above.
BCC Research presents an analysis of the types of technologies, applications, and therapeutic areas representing financial value in the area of BBB technology in medicine as it relates primarily to drug discovery, development, and commercialization. Estimated values are based on actual aggregate sales for the years discussed. Overall, information is compiled through a combination of primary and secondary research, including annual reports and interviews with company officials.
BCC Research's analysis includes the review of more than 50 companies and information from financial and trade publications, as well as the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as support companies, are also included.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/492943/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48