ARLINGTON, Va., April 13, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it would be hosting a complimentary Webinar, "Best Practices for Using Social Media in Health Care: Maximizing Impact, Mitigating Risk," on Wednesday, April 29 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Time. By participating in the Webinar, sponsored by Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, attendees can earn 1.5 CLE Ethics credits and registration is available here.
With social media playing an increasing role in health care, event faculty will highlight emerging approaches for using social media to inform and engage both patients and professionals. They will also provide a close-up look at the execution risks — both general and those specific to health care — and provide clear, actionable strategies for protecting organizations.
Speakers at the Webinar are Linda A. Goldstein, Partner and Chair of the Advertising, Marketing & Media Division at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP and Jon Glaudemans, Managing Director at Manatt Health Solutions. The event will focus on:
- Exploring how patients and providers are using social media in health care—and the role it plays in health care decisions.
- Discovering the most effective social media techniques used within health care for both consumer and professional audiences.
- Benefitting from the cross-fertilization of ideas, learning how innovations from other sectors can be adapted to health care.
- Examining the issues around the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)—and ensure your social media programs are in compliance.
- Finding out how to avoid liability for content posted by others.
- Understanding the regulatory requirements around endorsements/testimonials, hashtags, re-tweeting of third-party content and other key challenges—and be prepared to meet them.
The event is ideal for legal practitioners from any type of health care entity, including both payers and providers, as well as marketing, communications, public relations, strategy and product management executives and professionals in the health care sector.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA