Herbal Essences Celebrity Stylist Charles Baker Strahan shares his secrets on how to get the perfect blow-out at home
TORONTO, Oct. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - With frazzled and frizzy women in mind, Herbal Essences Celebrity Stylist Charles Baker Strahan shares his expert tips and tricks on how to get a smooth, silky and touchably soft blow-out at home in two 'hair-to' videos featuring step-by-step demonstrations.
Herbal Essences continues to help women achieve luscious hair with endless styling possibilities with Charles Baker Strahan's two perfectly beautiful blow-outs, achieved by first setting the styling foundation with hair that's adequately moisturized and primed.
"With more and more women doing their own blow-out at home, it's my job to make sure that you're using the right styling tools," says Baker Strahan. "It's important to see shampoo and conditioner as an essential styling tool as it sets the foundation of your hair for styling. I use Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner that's infused with a built-in smoothing serum to prevent the hair's outer cuticle from becoming rough and help the hair fibers to lie flat and leave hair smooth."
In the first video, learn how to create:
- Night-to-Day Blow-out: Take curly hair shampooed the night before and create a straight, sleek finish.
- Wet-to-Wavy Blow-out: Get glamorous with volume and sexy, natural-looking waves.
- Copy and paste this link to embed the video on your site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN3OnXJGrsI
In the second "hair-to" video, discover Charles Baker Strahan's expert blow-out tips and tricks, including:
- Product application: If hair is dry, lightly mist Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel over the hair at a distance to get even product distribution for greater overall control.
- Section the Hair: Start at the temple and work down to the nape of the neck in an angular section and then work the hair forward. Clip up the remaining hair and as you work your way backwards drop small sections out.
- Framing the Face: Comb out your hair by over-directing it forward and blow drying down and towards the face. This will highlight the cheek bone and jaw line.
- Styling Tools: Use the blow dryer's attachable nozzle to channel the air into a precise stream. For healthy-looking, shiny and manageable hair, use a boar bristle brush instead of a synthetic or plastic brush. Use the brush from root to tip following with the channel of the blow-dryer, while keeping even tension and movement throughout.
- Finish the look: Smooth Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split-End Protector through the ends of your hair for a sleek flawless finish. Lightly spray a makeup brush with hairspray and lightly smooth over your part line to help tame flyaways.
- Copy and paste this link to embed the video on your site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBINaV6JahQ
Before beginning your own blow-out at home, experience Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner collection that's designed to help hair maintain its natural moisture balance to control frizz, maintain smoothness and leave hair looking healthy after just one wash.
Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner is available at drug, grocery and mass-market retail outlets nationwide for the suggested retail price of $3.99* for 300 ml.
*Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.
To view the Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Fact sheet, please click
About P&G Beauty & Grooming
P&G Beauty & Grooming products help make beauty dreams real for women and help men look, feel and be their best everyday. With 8 billion dollar brands and products available in nearly 130 countries, P&G's beauty and grooming products delivered sales of over $27 billion in fiscal year 2009/10, making it one of the world's largest beauty and grooming companies. P&G Beauty & Grooming offers trusted brands with leading technology to meet the full complement of beauty and grooming needs, including Pantene®, Olay®, Head & Shoulders®, Max Factor®, Cover Girl®, DDF®, Frederic Fekkai®, Wellaflex®, Rejoice®, Sebastian Professional®, Herbal Essences®, Koleston®, Clairol Professional®, Nice 'n Easy®, Venus®, Gillette®, SK-II®, Wella Professionals®, Braun® and a leading Prestige Fragrance division that spans from point of market entry consumers to high end luxury with global brands such as Hugo Boss®, Lacoste®, and Christina Aguilera®. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G (NYSE: PG) and its brands.
SOURCE Herbal Essences
Image with caption: "Charles Baker Strahan, Herbal Essences Celebrity Stylist (CNW Group/Herbal Essences)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20111026_C5278_PHOTO_EN_5040.jpg
Image with caption: "Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Conditioner (CNW Group/Herbal Essences)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20111026_C5278_PHOTO_EN_5042.jpg
Image with caption: "Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo (CNW Group/Herbal Essences)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20111026_C5278_PHOTO_EN_5044.jpg
Video with caption: "Video: Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Blow-Outs". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20111026_C5278_VIDEO_EN_5053.mp4&posterurl=http://photos.newswire.ca/images/20111026_C5278_PHOTO_EN_5053.jpg&clientName=Herbal%20Essences&caption=Video%3A%20Herbal%20Essences%20Touchably%20Smooth%20Blow%2DOuts&title=HERBAL%20ESSENCES%20%2D%20Herbal%20Essences%20Touchably%20Smooth%20Blow%2DOuts
Video with caption: "Video: Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Blow-Out Tips and Tricks". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20111026_C5278_VIDEO_EN_5055.mp4&posterurl=http://photos.newswire.ca/images/20111026_C5278_PHOTO_EN_5055.jpg&clientName=Herbal%20Essences&caption=Video%3A%20Herbal%20Essences%20Touchably%20Smooth%20Blow%2DOut%20Tips%20and%20Tricks&title=HERBAL%20ESSENCES%20%2D%20Herbal%20Essences%20Touchably%20Smooth%20Blow%2DOut%20Tips