LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumer Electronics Show (Booth No. 31253) -- BlueAnt Wireless, a leading innovator of Bluetooth peripheral devices, today introduced the BlueAnt S3 Speakerphone, a visor-mounted car speakerphone that leverages BlueAnt's extensive experience with voice-control features, including voice answer/ignore, caller name announce and text-message readout, at a highly affordable price.
The S3 builds upon BlueAnt's heritage of delivering products with superior voice quality, outstanding wind, road and background noise reduction and superior call clarity. Additionally, the new BlueAnt S3 sports a useful auto reconnection function, which ensures the device is always ready for the user's voice commands while conserving battery life by reconnecting the speakerphone to the driver's phone automatically using a built-in vibration sensor.
The S3 is well suited for drivers seeking a fully featured, value-priced speakerphone with simple voice prompts. This latest addition to BlueAnt's speakerphone family also takes advantage of text-to-speech technology that reads out text messages using a free, downloadable application. The S3 also will announce the caller's name from a list of up to 2,000 mobile phone contacts when the phone rings.
"BlueAnt's first speakerphone was so well received that we decided to offer a second, value-priced model that's still packed with unique features and advanced functionality," says David Hogan, CEO of BlueAnt Wireless. "With the new S3 Speakerphone, our customers have yet another great choice for meeting their hands-free communications needs and lifestyle preferences. We'll continue to build upon our award-winning product line with additional models that set the standard for excellence in hands-free communications."
Other standard features on the BlueAnt S3 Speakerphone include true multipoint technology for connecting and conducting calls on two mobile phones simultaneously and A2DP for audio streaming of music, podcasts and turn-by-turn directions from a GPS navigation application.
Moreover, the BlueAnt S3 Speakerphone is fully compatible with Vlingo's SafeReader™ application, which enables drivers to hear both text and email messages through their S3 Speakerphone. Additionally, the S3 also supports BlueAnt's new integrated application powered by Vlingo that comes bundled with BlueAnt products. It enables consumers to use voice commands to send and receive texts and emails, make social networking updates, conduct searches and leave themselves voice-to-text reminders. The S3 also takes advantage of BlueAnt's "Simply Connect" technology, which includes an audio quick-start guide to facilitate the set-up and phone-pairing process. The S3 Speakerphone also supports firmware upgrades, so customers can add new features as they become available to enhance their communications experience.
Price and Availability
The BlueAnt S3 Speakerphone will be available in Q1 2011 at major retailers for a starting MSRP of $79.99.
BlueAnt S3 Feature Summary:
- Simply Connect technology and embedded audio guides talk users through setup and pairing;
- Announces incoming caller's name—answer or reject the call via voice commands;
- Initiate calls with your voice (if supported by your phone);
- Vibration sensor automatically connects phone once entering the car;
- Standard with five languages (U.S. English, Australian English, UK English, French and Spanish);
- Full-duplex, high-volume speaker for booming, clear audio;
- Superior wind, noise and echo cancellation;
- Hardware power switch for easy on/off;
- Simple pairing process with fast phonebook transfer (stores up to 2,000 contacts per paired device);
- Multipoint capability connects driver's and passenger's phones at the same time, making possible call answering on either phone and switching between calls on both phones;
- A2DP streaming for playback of music, podcasts and turn-by-turn directions from a phone-based GPS application;
- Firmware upgrades available online;
- Up to 20 hours talk time; 600 hours standby; and
- Two-year replacement warranty.
About BlueAnt Wireless
BlueAnt Wireless is a global technology company that provides the most innovative Bluetooth peripheral devices and accessories on the market. The company's product portfolio includes hands-free, stereo audio streaming and wireless communications products with cutting-edge technology, design and features. BlueAnt's products have been recognized for advancements in hands-free communications by receiving numerous prestigious industry awards. The company is based in Melbourne, Aus., with U.S. headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif., and offices in Chicago and London. For more information, please visit www.blueantwireless.com.
Simply Connect with BlueAnt Wireless on:
SOURCE BlueAnt Wireless