BOSTON, June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- BlueSwarm (www.BlueSwarm.com), the nation's #1 social fundraising platform, was selected by the Democratic Governors Association finance council (DGA) to help power its fundraising efforts. Additionally, the company was just profiled in this Associated Press story.
BlueSwarm is an online social fundraising platform that removes barriers between potential donors and recipient organizations by empowering a campaign's supporters to easily tap their social networks and leverage personal relationships on behalf of a chosen candidate. Among the tools used to make this interaction possible;
- A Facebook application linking candidate's websites to a supporters Facebook page; address book integration; direct mail/email solicitation tools and templates. (This is the first time it has been possible to process donations inside of Facebook, convert those donors into fundraisers, and tie all of the Facebook activity back into an enterprise-scale fundraising platform.)
- Customizable individual donor pages featuring a dashboard; progress reports; request/pledge/donation tracking; and down-line donor tracking.
- Campaign compliance and oversight tools, including pledge/donor tracking; fundraising goals oversight; all donors and gifts are programmatically monitored for Federal and State election law violations.
- Contribution processing including a donations widget for any webpage and tailored donation pages.
- Merchant Banking Services, including credit card processing; check caging; merchant bank accounts.
The DGA will use BlueSwarm to empower the supporter networks of the Governors finance council, providing each member of the council with a web-based platform that integrates with the email and social networking accounts of their donors and volunteers. The Governors Association finance council supports the 26 sitting Democratic Governors and assists leading gubernatorial candidates with their campaigns. Moreover, the platform will be used to extend the online marketing and social fundraising footprint of the DGA.
"The DGA has broken all our fundraising records in the past few years as we head into the most important election in our organization's history," said Nathan Daschle, executive director of the Democratic Governors Association. "We have selected BlueSwarm as a tool to build on that success by extending efforts into distributed social networks and putting a consistent tool in the hands of each member of our Governor's finance council."
As of today BlueSwarm has helped candidates raise over $150 million and it is being used in:
- 50% of US Senate races
- 30% of gubernatorial races
- scores of congressional, state, and local races
"Social Fundraising has proven to be an extremely effective way of activating distributed supporters for raising money," said Erik Nilsson, president of BlueSwarm. "We are proud to be working with one of the nation's largest and most powerful networks, the DGA, to help them raise money."
The strength of online Social Fundraising is rooted in the concept that the best donor base is a broad donor base. Everyone should be able to contribute - no matter the size of the donation - and the best way to reach a broad donor base is to use social networks that already exist. When friends ask friends for support, a positive response is 10 times more likely, and the resulting gift is 52% higher. Most campaigns have understood this dynamic for some time but were limited in their ability to organize and manage volunteer fundraising at scale. BlueSwarm's platform has scaled to support thousands of volunteer fundraisers for a single campaign, with each fundraiser leveraging their own personal social network.
Based in Boston, MA, BlueSwarm was launched in 2009 and has over 100 customers in higher education, non-profit, and politics. Current clients include Meg Whitman for Governor (CA), Marco Rubio for Senate (FL), and Charlie Baker for Governor (MA).
The company has won multiple awards, including two 2009 Pollie Awards and two 2009 Reed awards.
Dave Boyce – CEO |Erik Nilsson - President & Founder | James Nicol - VP Product Development